Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Worried about my dog getting older

Gettingthrough79

It's common to think about that when you've suffered loss.  I think that's been in the back of my mind ever since I got my dog as a pet, that my time with him will be all too short, and how hard it will be when that day comes.  Mine is almost nine and that is the life expectancy for a Golden Retriever...he's have Golden and half Siberian Husky...I hope he takes after the Husky for lifespan.  He has the Golden's cysts.  Maybe the fact that I cook for him and take such good care of him will buy him some extra time.  I'd like several years more, please!

What kind of dog do you have?  Here's my Arlie:

Arlie running.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

Just a little! :D
VERY cute!!

I know its easier said than done, but just cherish every moment with your dog. I only had 2 days between the time I found out my dog was terminal and the day I had to take her in. I cherished every moment, took lots of pics and gave her tons of love. I always felt like she would be with me forever (even though I knew that wasnt possible). This board and wonderful people helped me so much through the grieving process.  Focus on the positive, your dog will sense you worrying. Good luck!