Grief Healing Discussion Groups

She's breathing on her own a little more, they still have her intubated so have to keep her sedated so she doesn't pull it out.  Butch is entertaining the boys while mom & dad spend time at the hospital with little Gracie.  Thank you all for your continued prayers, this little girl is the light in Butch's life (if you haven't noticed!).

• Upvote 4

She has a strong cardiac output so the heart issue is just a reflection of the pneumonia and RSV that she is suffering with.  She is in an induced coma for complete rest of her lungs and heart.  It's heartbreaking seeing her that way and unresponsive.  My heart hasn't been this broken since the twins passed.  ??

• Upvote 4

Butch my heart truly goes out to you,your family and little Gracie I am praying extra hard for her  hopefully this rest is what her body needs to strengthen  hold on Butch have faith that the Lord is watching over her I can only imagine how hard it is but we are all here.

• Upvote 3

Thank you all for the prayers for our Gracie. 

I really miss my wife. She would be able to calm me down.  She had that magic loving touch and the sweetest voice.  Having her just in my heart isn't enough. I need her here.  This is our grandbaby.  She would be elated at having a granddaughter but she would be heartbroken too to have Grace in this condition.  Gracie will be 8 months on the 29th.  She needs to get better so we can all go back to giving her so much love and kisses and her big brothers can love on her.  

I went to church this morning to pray for her and pray to my Mary to watch over Grace so she can kick this illness.  I lit a candle for my wife and one for Grace that she have the strength to fight.   

• Upvote 5

Butch, I don't have a liturgical church that lights candles, but am lighting a candle for her in my home.  We're all praying for Gracie!

Mary is there with you and with Gracie watching over you both I know she is  I truly feel for your family it must be so hard beyond words but try to hold on Butch Gracie and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts until you are able to shower her with your love again and she can give you all that precious smile.

Update:  I received this message from Butch:

My favorite girl is awake and off the vent.  Her breathing and cough are still junky.  So she's being watched closely and will remain in the nicu.  Allen said she was saying "amp amp".  We think that means Grampy.  How my heart is full.  I can't go see her as I've got a cold.  Just letting you know the update.  Please update the forum is you please.  I'm headed to bed.  The boys are in bed now as both have colds as well.  

• Upvote 2