Grief Healing Discussion Groups

22 months on its way

I love the one with the sunglasses!  I wish I could see my granddaughter, it's been over a month.  If weather permits I'll go over there for the baby shower in February, but won't know until last minute with it being winter.

Butch, your whole family is in my prayers, but especially Noah, I can't imagine how he's feeling and gets through his day.  I hope he sleeps well.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Noah is struggling to communicate with us.  And sadly that won't change.  But he knows how much we all love him.  He's full of hugs.  His right side is still immobile which also won't change.  

Gracie finally got two bottom teeth.  She loves loving on her big brother Noah and he loves it.  

Katie and Allen are expecting another baby. In October.  They've lost a lot but believe the good lord will be by their side.

We just got 20 inches of snow and it's getting to minus ten degrees at night.  More snow tonight and Sunday and Monday.  

I miss my Mary more than words.  

Butch  

• Upvote 3

My granddaughter is 17 Butch and is on the threshold of needing to be on her own.  She is definitely not ready for that and there will be no pushing on my part.  School takes up her mind now and she has weekly counselor meetings.  Same young woman each time, someone who is closer to Bri's age and includes me when necessary.  The main theme is "no pushing" and I am here for her as long as God allows me to be.  The fussing with family has quit so that has taken a big load off both of us.  Now she can put her time into what she wants to do.  She is not a "wild child" and has not even started dating, which is something I will have to face later, I am sure.  Right now we just want her to have a life.

What I am getting at is the ages are a lot different and you have to provide more physical support, but somehow with another life to think about, I cannot sit around thinking what a horrible life I have.  I have someone I have to think about besides myself.  In the meantime we still have to "think about ourselves" and keep healthy enough to keep on going.  People need us.

Noah sounds like he is coming along.  Things might not be like they want them to be, but there are enough rehabs to take care of all kinds of things that go wrong.  And now a new baby.  Butch, looks like you are going to be needed for a long time.  I know what I am doing is exactly what Billy would be doing for his granddaughter if I were not here.  And your Mary would be doing exactly what you are doing, if she was able, if you were the one gone.  Take care.  My heart is with your family.  Let us hear from you as often as you can because you are on all our minds, along with Noah and all the rest of your family.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, R.Everit55 said:

Noah is struggling to communicate with us.  And sadly that won't change.  But he knows how much we all love him.  He's full of hugs.  His right side is still immobile which also won't change.  

Gracie finally got two bottom teeth.  She loves loving on her big brother Noah and he loves it.  

Katie and Allen are expecting another baby. In October.  They've lost a lot but believe the good lord will be by their side.

We just got 20 inches of snow and it's getting to minus ten degrees at night.  More snow tonight and Sunday and Monday.  

I miss my Mary more than words.  

Butch  

Butch, do you have someone to help you shovel or plow out the snow?  That is VERY cold, I'm so sorry!

We wait hopefully with you for this new little surprise in October...hoping for Mary's birthday!
So glad Gracie finally got those two teeth through!

I know Noah's setback has been very hard and disillusioning, but I continue to pray for a miracle...sometimes they're instant and sometimes they're through a lot of perseverance and hard work, I've seen more of the latter but however it comes, I remain hopeful.  I send you and your family my love and prayers.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Butch asked me to post Gracie's birthday pictures.  She's back to teething so not too happy but sure looks cute with her cake!  (He's forgotten his login information so it may be a while before he's back on)

Gracie bdy.jpg

Gracie.jpg

• Upvote 4

Since his last major seizure, it seemed to set him back.  He can't communicate but he does know his brother and sister and enjoys having them there.  They are all at home with their mom and dad right now, Butch gets Caleb and Gracie sometimes.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Butch wrote two days ago:
Noah succeeded in briefly holding onto a bar and standing today.  I don't know what this means for the future but we love ANY progress he makes.  

I wanted to share this with all of you who are praying for him, we appreciate and covet your remembering this family in prayer and positive thoughts.

• Upvote 5

It blows my mind that it's been 26 months since my princess of a wife was taken   And it blows my mind how many babies my son and dil have lost in the time.  And my heart is blown that the one baby girl they did bring to life survived surpassing all negative odds. And she's thriving as a one year old walking and trying to run and talk.  I'm in a deep depression right now.  Trying to take it one one at a time

thanks for listening again. Peace and love to you all.  Thank you for all your prayers. My son and dil are ten week three days along in this pregnancy.  So far so good. 

Butch ❤️

• Upvote 4

Dearest Butch,

If I could choose a brother I would certainly choose you.  You are such a kind and giving person.  It is not right that so many of the hardest things in life have been thrown at you in such a short period of time.  You have suffered so many significant losses that I can not imagine how difficult it is to get up each day and put on the "I am ok" face.  My heart breaks for you and your family.  There is so important for you to look after yourself.  I am sending you my sisterly love and hugs ?.

Bless you all Butch

• Upvote 2

Butch, this grief work is not easy, as it is not easy seeing those we love go through a hard time.  You, yourself, have been ill and as much as we love our family, as much as all the time taken away from our own problems, there never sometimes seems to be a time for ourselves.  That was mine and Billy's song, "A Time for Us." It just never seemed to happen.  We would break free for a little while, but then we were called back.  I admit to some bitterness in the last 17 months.  But one thing we both agreed on, if we had to do it any different, we would not have changed anything.  We might not have been on some great adventure, but we were together.....until we were not.  My hope and prayers are with you and your family.  Time for a smile please, and that is a picture of Gracie.

• Upvote 2