Grief Healing Discussion Groups

22 months on its way

Prayers to all of your family Butch.

I am so so very sorry about Noah's injury and now his passing.  My hopes are that your beautiful wife will be holding him close to her now.  You have so many Angels ? in heaven.

I also wish that she could let you know that you are loved deeply.  She would also tell you that she is so proud of you and that soon you need to start caring for yourself again, you don't always have to be the strongest one.  

biggest hugs to you my friend ?

• Upvote 2

Butch, whenever you read this, I hope you realize you have a whole lot of friends here that you've never met in person but we care about you and your family.  We are praying for Katie, Allen, Caleb, and even little Gracie as she's undoubtedly affected even though she doesn't understand what's going on.  None can understand, it's so hard to endure what's handed us sometimes, and your family has gone through way more than anyone should ever have to.  I sincerely hope your family will get professional grief counseling...with all of these losses piled up it's compounded and each one deserves to be grieved and necessitates someone who can help guide the way through this maze of grief.  Neither quick nor easy a journey, as you already know.  You have my continual prayers, dear Butch, so do Katie and Allen and Caleb. 

Someone from our site, Boo Mayhem, wrote a book helping children understand about death, it's worth having, here is the link to Waterbugs and Dragonflies:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/082981180X/griefheal07-20

• Upvote 2

Butch I am so sorry to hear this. Yes we pray for your family and you. We're with you my friend.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what to say.  I just needed to visit here.  Things are so tough for everyone here.  Caleb the most.  Even Gracie is having a hard time sensing the grief.  

:(

Butch

• Upvote 1

You are always welcome here, Butch. You and your dear family members are in our thoughts and prayers, and we completely understand. We don't know what to say either. There simply are no words that fit what has happened to you and your loved ones, and nothing we can say to fix it. Just know that we have not forgotten you. We are with you in your pain, and you are in our hearts . . .  

• Upvote 4

Butch, I am like those people who never know what to say.  Marty said it all perfect.  We love your family Butch and you too.  No words can fix this, but you and your family are thought off all the time and I say my mustard seed prayers.  Sometimes even the smallest voice is heard.  I wish you peace dear Butch, and your family also.  I know it won't happen now.  

• Upvote 1

You're in our hearts, Butch, your whole family is.  I'm glad you and Caleb had some time away together.  I don't know if you realize it or not, but their grandpa is very dear to their hearts and you have a very instrumental role in their lives.

• Upvote 1

Thank you all

today we'll have to endure a memorial/celebration of life for my first grandchild Noah.  This is an utterly hard road to walk without my wife by my side.  Allen and Katie have each other.  I'm there for everyone.  But I walk this road alone when my bride should still be here.  But wait... we shouldn't even be walking any of this road.  It hurts.  ?

• Upvote 4

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers dear Butch.  There are no words to comfort you or your family. We are here for you and for now, we hope that is enough.  I know your Mary is with you only not as you would like her to be. Those of us who have lost a loved one really do understand.  Please let Allen and Katie know that we hold them close to our hearts today.  

Anne

• Upvote 2

You stated it right, Butch.  But Mary is only a whisper away, I believe she will be with you today.  You're in my thoughts and prayers, dear friend.

• Upvote 1

Butch, I know of no words.  I am not given the privilege of sight, but I like to believe Mary is holding Noah in her arms.  I like to believe they are together where no pain or suffering can touch them.  I love to believe they are in a perfect place together, and Mary has the twins and Noah in her arms and they have that "peace that passes all understanding." That is what I want to believe.  

• Upvote 1

Marita

Last week In Memorium in my hubby's news bulletin, while seeing my hubby's name I also saw the name of another fellow. His wife and I had been very good friends twenty years ago, had worked at the same place, had babies at the same time, hubbys in the same line of work. We both had retired,moved away and lost contact. I reached out to her on Facebook. She called me and as we both caught up she shared that her hubby had committed suicide a month after my hubby died. I did not know what to say except how sorry I was for his death. We talked sbout our hubbys in the same line of work, etc. She mentioned it was a shock to her, he was not terminal or anything like that and said she had not shared the fact of his death with many. She followed up our phone call with her email. I want to be there for her but dont want to intrude... I guess the way many feel when our spouses die I thought I would wait a week or so and then email and then maybe a phone call. Is that the right thing to do? I have not questioned her at all about the circumstances nor will I ever. Whatever she decides is fine. I know the many things said (or not said) when my husband died, I dont want to make it worse. In some ways it seems like the elephant in the room. Thanks

• Upvote 2