Grief Healing Discussion Groups

22 months on its way

Dearest Butch I am holding your family in my heart and praying for some comfort for each of you.  

Also, please be kind to yourself.  You are a great person and you have given so much good to so very many people.  You deserve the best ?.  Hugs and prayers to you.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

I'm letting everyone know Allen and Katie found out the baby is a boy.  So I will get another grandson first week of October.  I have mixed feelings after losing Noah.  I don't want to replace him.  

• Upvote 3

Butch, I have never lost a child or grandchild.  That is really one subject I run from as fast as I can, it scares me so much.  No one will ever replace your dad or your mom, and no  one will ever replace your wife in your life.  No one will ever replace Noah, just like Gracie did not replace the lost twins.  They were/are all individuals and losing one is my greatest nightmare.  You have been through so many nightmares, and this little boy will be a welcome part of your family, on his own merit, just as Gracie is.  I know that no one will ever replace your wife.  I think God made our hearts so big that there is room for so many in it.  Our hearts have lost so much, and I have not had the experience you need to even talk of such things.  But, I know your loving heart, and I know when that little boy is admitted into this world, he will not replace anyone.  He will have his own place in this big family.

Just as with any death, there are no words that can fill in the  hurt.  No words can help.  I am not sure time can even help.  I think we have to endure and it is so hard for me and others and for you, I cannot even begin to imagine.  

Like with my granddaughter, she fills my life with such worry, such love, such hope for a better tomorrow for her, and I think that is all we can do.  And  you have done so much. 

• Upvote 7

Hello Butch.  I was thinking about you this last week and I honestly am amazed that you are able to manage so much sadness.  It's wonderful that a new little person is going to join your family and I pray all goes well.

Your life has been filled with so many highs and lows.  I pray that whatever it is that helps you get up each morning continues to help you.  Huge hugs to you.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Marg M said:

No one will ever replace your dad or your mom, and no  one will ever replace your wife in your life.  No one will ever replace Noah, just like Gracie did not replace the lost twins.  They were/are all individuals and losing one is my greatest nightmare.  You have been through so many nightmares, and this little boy will be a welcome part of your family, on his own merit, just as Gracie is.  I know that no one will ever replace your wife.  I think God made our hearts so big that there is room for so many in it.  Our hearts have lost so much, and I have not had the experience you need to even talk of such things.  But, I know your loving heart, and I know when that little boy is admitted into this world, he will not replace anyone.  He will have his own place in this big family.

Dear, dear Butch ~ I cannot say it any better than Marg has done already. We humans have an infinite capacity to love, and no one knows that better than the members of your beautiful family. You are living it every single day. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. 

• Upvote 4

Butch I am certain that no new life can replace another yet I am happy for you in the new grandson who waits to greet the world and you. My only grandson came into this life not long after my wife Kathy died and while it was bitter sweet, his eyes speak to me about joy and love after loss.

My continued wishes for peace in your life.

Steve

• Upvote 5

Butch, there is no way anyone could replace Noah, no need to worry, Noah will always be special for who he is.  You will love this little one for who he is.  You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers, I know it's harder than words can convey.

• Upvote 1

I know, Butch.  (((hugs)))

Learning to adjust to living without the ones we love is a very painful process.  I've learned to embrace what is rather than merely lament what isn't.  That is easier said than done.  It's taken me a long time to realize and put that into practice.  It takes concerted effort.  I can't stress enough that this does not come naturally, it takes effort on our part, effort we feel we don't have in us.  It's kind of like exercise, in the beginning it hurts, we feel we can't do it, the muscles don't seem there, but as we put forth the effort, the practice, the muscles begin to build and we begin to see reward for the work we've put in.

Do we continue to miss them?  Yes!  We always will.  We just learn to live differently.  Oh, and we could still get hauled off at any time...I still talk to my George.  I reckon nothing will ever stop that.  I've incorporated him into my life in a different way than he used to be.  I realize he's still there, but not like he used to be.  I can't get a hug and he can't reply when I tell him about my day...but I know he still loves me, and somewhere out there...he's still listening.

Butch, my heart goes out to you, you have a lot of people you are missing.

• Upvote 1

On ‎03‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, R.Everit55 said:

I'm sorry to bring this heart wrenching news on my grandson.  He stroked out and has no brain function which is worse than what occurred yesterday.  At least there was hope then.  Allen cannot get Katie to accept what is.  I am having a hard time doing well as well.  Please pray for our family.  I know you have all carried my family a long way.  I thank you from all of our hearts.  

Butch

So sorry Butch...I will hold you in my heart.....Cookie

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Butch, he is growing up so fast from the other pictures.  Your family has been through the flames, I hope you all have as peaceful a time as you can from here on out.  Thank you for letting us meet Caleb again.

• Upvote 1

He's a handsome young man!  And Butch, you want to share your other news?  (I don't want to steal your thunder)