Grief Healing Discussion Groups

22 months on its way

Butch my thoughts and prayers are for you and your family.  You all have had so much sadness to deal with.  I can not imagine what you are thinking and feeling.  I am truly sorry that you have so many family members that have gone to Heaven in such a short period of time.

I can understand the emotional aspects of losing parents and a spouse, and that is very painful, but to lose your darling grandchildren before getting to meet and know them is very tragic.  My heart goes out to you and Allen and Katie and to the boys and of course to your beautiful miracle baby too.

• Upvote 4

Butch,

You are all in my prayers, I am just so sorry.  There are no words...

• Upvote 2

Thank you all so much.  Katie had the procedure today.  Allen is taking her away for a few days when she gets discharged. I have the boys and Gracie.  My grief I'm trying to put aside to be there for Allen and Katie and the kids.  But my heart is broken for them.  We've all lost so much.  

I just wanted to come here to thank you from all of our hearts.  

• Upvote 4

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:40 PM, R.Everit55 said:

Thank you all so much.  Katie had the procedure today.  Allen is taking her away for a few days when she gets discharged. I have the boys and Gracie.  My grief I'm trying to put aside to be there for Allen and Katie and the kids.  But my heart is broken for them.  We've all lost so much.  

I just wanted to come here to thank you from all of our hearts.  

Sending good loving thoughts your way....Cookie

• Upvote 2

Allen took Katie to the hospital because she was doing nothing but laying in bed not moving not responding to the kids.   So she's in the psych unit.  She's reached a breaking point after losing the twins and then this baby.  Losing Lily and Lila and now Joseph is too much   So Allen has the boys and I've taken Gracie as she does perfectly when she's alone with me.   She's not looking for mommy.  So I'm loving my time with my favorite girl.  She loves it.  I tell her stories at bedtime of her Grammy Mary because I want her to know her Grammy somehow.  She listens and she smiles and babbles back.  She snuggles in with me.  

IMG_1860.PNG

• Upvote 7

Something about snuggles that warms your soul and melts your heart:wub:

I'm sorry about your daughter-in-law Butch but I know with help, time, and love she will get past this. I try to tell my triplet granddaughters about Kathy for they were only a year and a half when she left. I show pictures of them with her and they see her all around my house. I let them wear her cosmetic jewelry and her sandals with sparkles but in the end it just brought up a question one of them asked. She asked "Grandpa when are you going to die?" I replied "Not any time soon Munchkin.  Death is very confusing to a child and they will have to understand it in time

• Upvote 6

Butch, I know l've said it before, but you're lucky to have each other, and I'm glad that you do.  You need each other!  Katie is in my prayers and I hope for the kids' sake (and Allen's) she begins to respond.  Her loss is great and must feel unbearable to her.

• Upvote 3

It is just astounding that your family has been visited so many times by grief, as you've experienced one significant loss after another, dear Butch. My heart just hurts for all of you.

If and when the timing seems appropriate, please let Allen and Katie know that nowadays, there are many resources and grief support services available for families who've suffered a miscarriage or early infant loss, and you'll find many of them listed here: Silent Grief: Pregnancy and Infant Loss  

• Upvote 4

Butch that grandbaby of your melts hearts I bet she is loving her time with you. I pray for your family all the time you have experienced so much loss, more than anyone should ever have to deal with and your love keeps you all going even in the darkness moments that truly speaks volumes of what love is capable of, I hope that in time your family is able to find the comfort it deserves hugs and prayers to your family.

• Upvote 3

Butch wanted me to share Gracie with you in her Thanksgiving & Christmas dress.  Katie is still not doing any better, please keep her in your prayers.

Gracie.jpg

• Upvote 7

Gracie sleeping on a walk and eating spaghetti noodles.  And all smiley and pretty in pink.  And the boys with the pumpkins still out.  
Katie is still in rough shape.  She's admittedly having suicidal ideations.  ?.  She has three living children she needs to live for.  I'm not a mother who lost three children but I'm a father who lost two babies and a Grampy who lost three grand babies.  I'm not judging her in the least.  We just need to get her to choose life and the lives of Noah Caleb and Gracie.  We may not have a thanksgiving should she not come home by then.  The boys said they don't want one without mommy.  It breaks my heart that the boys have to deal with this.  Gracie doesn't get it and she is happy with the rest of us but I know she looks for mommy at times.  
IMG_1862.PNGIMG_1864.PNGIMG_1863.PNGIMG_1865.JPG
  • Upvote 6

P.S.  We are going to do pizza and game night on thanksgiving as the boys don't want to do thanksgiving without their mom.  So we will do what they are requesting.  

• Upvote 6