Grief Healing Discussion Groups

22 months on its way

Thank you all again for all your support and prayers

i made it through the two year anniversary of Mary's death.  But I'm not sleeping.  The pain is horrible.  Kay asked if I had anti anxiety or sleeping pills.  I do but I don't dare take them while Gracie is here in my care.  She's up several times in the night from continuing teething but no teeth yet.  Noah is home with Allen and Katie and they have a round the clock nurse.  He's continuing to have seizures but is on medication.  They are coming a little less frequently.  He's doing great with speech therapy and starts more physical and occupational therapy next week.  He's more asleep then not.  I guess that's healing.  

Heres Gracie in a kitchen sink bath she loves   Still no teeth but her hair is growing fast now   She's my favorite girl   

IMG_2004.PNG

Butch

• Upvote 4

Oh Butch, she is adorable.  She just made me smile.  Smiles on our forum are very few and when you post Gracie's picture I do smile from the heart.  Thank you for sharing her with us and you are all in our thoughts and prayers.  I hope you and Gracie get a good nights sleep soon.  Maybe you will have to try to sleep during her daytime nap too.  

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, R.Everit55 said:

She's my favorite girl

And I can see why!  Her smile is contagious!  And I remember all of us praying her through her struggles.  I know this sounds girly, Butch, but maybe worth a try...a lot of people are trying that aromatherapy, maybe buying some lavender essential oils would be worthwhile.  If I was desperate enough for some sleep, I'd try it even though I don't like the smell of lavender!  (it's supposed to help with anxiety)

• Upvote 1

I've been alone for a couple days.  The grands are back with Allen and Katie.  I feel so alone.  Or lonely.  I don't know the difference.  I keep talking to my Mary.  As though she can hear me.  I don't know if I can do this anymore.  I don't want to.  I want to be with her.  I take care of our family.  I love it.  But I don't want to do it without her.  I'd rather be with her.  I keep praying for time.  Time that was stolen from her and us.  I know I will never get any more time.  It's over.  Our dance is over.  But I keep praying anyways.  I've got to be crazy.  I listen for her.  I feel like I'm deaf because I never get any answer from her.  I'm sleeping about five hours a night.  But that is not peace.  It's full of my bride in my dreams.  So there is no where I can find peace.  It's been 24 months 9 days.  I can't take anymore time without her.  I know I have no choice.  I always wondered what hell is like.  This is it.  This.  ?

• Upvote 4

Oh Butch,

I understand that desperation, there has been many times I could have written this.  Times without sleep, times I felt so alone, times I felt overwhelmed and I just wanted my George back here with me.  This wasn't the plan, we were supposed to be in this together.  

But surely I can hang on a little longer, a few more years, a lot more years, give it time to get better, even if it's only better for a moment or a day, at least it's something, right?  Keep talking to your Mary, you aren't losing it, I do that all the time...or if you are losing it you have plenty of company, starting with me!

Think about Mary being there beside you as you take care of Gracie or Caleb or go visit Noah.  Because she is, you know, she just doesn't have her physical body to be able to hug you or speak audibly to you, but she still exists, she's not just "gone".  Hang in there, my friend.  We all know all too well what it's like...

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, R.Everit55 said:

I keep talking to my Mary.  As though she can hear me.

I talk to Billy as if he could hear me, I'm not sure he does not.  Butch, I wrote a whole lot more but I have this habit of "run on fingers."  It is kinda like running a race and just running in place.  I say the same thing.  You are needed by your family.  Right now you are tired.  I know that feeling.  I am tired also.  You are just like me "you have promises to keep and miles to go before you sleep. RF"  So don't give up yet.  Gracie needs you, those boys need you.  Katie and Allen need you.  Rest up while you can. The world is not through with us yet.  

And when you least expect it, possibly like for George and his yen for flying, Sometimes when we least expect it, that word "enthusiasm" might appear.  It's possible.  

• Upvote 3

I'm sorry I haven't updated but I've been waiting for more news and it's not good.

A week ago Noah had another seizure, a very significant one and his heart and breathing stopped.  He was rushed back to the hospital.  This time they say they don't expect him to improve.  Butch still has Gracie a lot of the time.  I don't know what to say, this is very hard for them to go through, I remember how it was when my sister had her accident and sustained major brain damage, it left her unable to walk, it's extremely difficult for her to talk and thus communicate, she's quadriplegic.  It killed her three year old.  Everything was "before" or "after" the accident from that day forward.  It changed all our lives.

My heartfelt prayers go out to Butch and his family.  I know at the time of our Donna's accident, her son Micky was our only joy, he was four months old, just as Gracie and Caleb surely are theirs.  Just please pray for Noah, we need a miracle.

• Upvote 1

Update from Butch:
Please extend my thanks and love to all there for their prayers.  I've got Gracie today.  She is still toothless with much pain.  She's running everywhere though.  

• Upvote 3

On 1/14/2017 at 5:36 PM, kayc said:

And I can see why!  Her smile is contagious!  And I remember all of us praying her through her struggles.  I know this sounds girly, Butch, but maybe worth a try...a lot of people are trying that aromatherapy, maybe buying some lavender essential oils would be worthwhile.  If I was desperate enough for some sleep, I'd try it even though I don't like the smell of lavender!  (it's supposed to help with anxiety)

I use lavender oil (one drop under my nose) when I go to sleep.  It does help. - Shalom, George

• Upvote 3

I can't stand the smell of lavender or I'd use it, I've heard it is calming.