Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I came across this site right before my moms death as I was searching online for grief groups. This group gave me comfort when I couldn't find it around me. Well, its been over a year since my first post and a year as of Thanksgiving that my mom departed this earth. Life has gotten "easier" in the sense of the word that I'm no longer dreading each daybreak. I hit a point where I started working out more, taking care of myself, and forcing myself to find joy. After her death, I moved back where I had people who could hold me accountable. The road was difficult and forced me to feel a ton of emotions that I didn't want to. Yet, a year later. I'm still alive. I got married and found happiness, and even though I'm still grieving, I've gotten to a point where I can cope, because I know she's with me. I can feel her and find solace in that.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this board. I wouldn't have gotten through those crucial first few months.

• Upvote 3

Your story brought a smile to my face. I am so very happy for you. I too believe that our loved ones are always with us. You will always have your memories of your mom. And congratulations on your marriage. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how things are going for you.  Congratulations on your marriage!  I hope you are happy where you've moved to.  I think as a parent I feel I've done my job that my kids are independent and happy with their spouse and their life continues, and I bet your mom would feel the same way and wish you all the happiness.

• Upvote 1