Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Eight years

Amy Wamy

Eight years ago yesterday (23rd), I lost my Mum and my life changed forever. Unlike a lot of people, I don't have any siblings or a Dad, so I am with my lovely Nan. I have had to pretty much grow up on my own, I've had to learn how to live my life without something everyone else has, that has been, and still is, quite difficult. Not having that important person there when I graduate or when I one day get married and have children, is probably the worst thing. Though eight years have passed, I still don't think I've accepted that. I still feel like I have much to deal with, including grief. Fortunately though, I haven't turned to alcohol or drugs, I haven't dealt with severe depression, but I do have a little anxiety. I also have my fair share of down days, I'm sure many of you can relate to that.

I am grateful that this forum is here, if I need to share my thoughts, I know I can do it here. 

I hope that one day, i will be at peace with my Mums death and be able to talk about her more. Like may things, that will come with time. 

• Upvote 1

Blessings to you, dear Amy, and I truly do believe that day will come for you. Meanwhile, do all you can to keep your mother's memory alive, in your mind and in your heart. You are a part of her. Your very DNA is a part of her. She lives on in you. Make her proud.  

Thank you, Marty! 

I am struggling a bit this week what with my University work and my Mothers anniversary. I really don't like the low days, but I know they don't last forever.