Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I just want my boy back.

slw60

Today makes 2 weeks that my sweet baby has been gone. I miss him so much and even though I knew it was coming, this loss has been unbearable. I just want him back. I cannot accept that for as long as I live, I will never see him ever again. I adopted him straight out of the "back room" at the pound (literally... he was just minutes away from being euthanized) when I was 19 years old and he was with me almost every day since that moment. He was there with me through so many life-changing moments and adventures over the past decade that I feel like he was here for so much longer. Sometimes I can almost forget he is gone, and convince myself that he's laying on his bed right behind me. If I just don't turn around, if I just don't look and see that it's empty, it's almost like he's still here. I know that sounds crazy but I can't help it. I know everyone says this about their dog, but he truly was the best dog ever... he never did a thing wrong and he changed so many people's minds about Rottweilers because he was just the sweetest, gentlest soul. I'm so grateful for the time we had, because he actually outlived his expected lifespan by a couple of years but it still isn't enough. I just can't believe he is gone and my heart is so, so broken without him.

• Upvote 1

slw60,

I am so sorry you lost your dog.  It seems the hardest thing in the world to lose your beautiful baby.  I know that to each person, their loss is truly the greatest and they are right.  I don't know why God didn't make dogs to live longer, but you're right, it would still not be enough.  (((hugs)))

You are with kindred spirits here, slw ~ and we're all so sorry for your loss. I too wish the life span of our cherished animal companions matched our own, and I know how much it hurts when we must let them go. May your sweet baby's spirit comfort you and be with you always 

• Upvote 2