Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss of a step sister 4 years ago

caitlynn

I had a great step sister,Lynn in my life and she passed away 4 years ago.It hit me hard,cancer took her away from me and we were close.I was always good to her and she was good to me.Before she passed away,told her I would take her son and daughter in if she ever went.Lynn was a good mom and her son and daughter always liked me.Still do and her kids are glad I took them in.Her daughter was 13 at the time and son was 11 at the time.Lynn was only 32 years old when she passed away.Lynn understood me very well,one was I could not get pregnant having kids of my own.Her kids say I am a great mom like figure.It was very hard for her kids too at first and know she is an angel looking down now.

• Upvote 1

My dear, your story is very touching.  It's so neat that the two of you were so close, that even her kids could see it.  How precious that you are raising her kids, you aren't a mom like figure, you are being a mom!  This is what moms do, take care of their kids.  They have been fortunate to have two such moms, and I hope they show you how much you've meant to them as they grow up.

It's been four years, and although we can get used to some of those changes and adjust, we never stop missing them, and I'm sure you can attest to that.  Bless you.