Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Same thing different day

Every day I wake up and think to myself...."why am I still here?" What's the point in living the same day on repeat. It may sound grim to some but this is reality. I miss looking forward to the weekend or even being excited about a new day in general. There's nothing to look forward to anymore. I often find myself thinking....how can I live the rest of my life like this? In such a grey, dull world. Was this all part of the plan? I just don't understand anything....

• Upvote 3

AB, I hope this doesn't come like i'm being a smart aleck. That's dern sure not how i mean it. But i'm with ya on this, and about the only explanation that comes into my ole head is that maybe it isn't meant for us to understand it. It's like we're on a chain gang and we just have to keep pounding that big boulder until we eventually have a pile of gravel in front of us. Okay...then what do we do with the gravel?  Make sand out of it?

One foot in front of the other...

Darrel

1 hour ago, AB3 said:

I often find myself thinking....how can I live the rest of my life like this?

When you find yourself thinking that, AB, remember that it's way too big a question, and it's one you cannot possibly answer. The real challenge ~ and the only one that matters here and now ~ is how to live the rest of today. And if that's too much to swallow, then focus on how you will live the next few hours ~ or the next few moments. That's enough for you to focus on right now. 

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, olemisfit said:

AB, I hope this doesn't come like i'm being a smart aleck. That's dern sure not how i mean it. But i'm with ya on this, and about the only explanation that comes into my ole head is that maybe it isn't meant for us to understand it. It's like we're on a chain gang and we just have to keep pounding that big boulder until we eventually have a pile of gravel in front of us. Okay...then what do we do with the gravel?  Make sand out of it?

One foot in front of the other...

Darrel

You're right Darrel it's not meant for us to understand....we're just here forced to live through the agony in which we all call "life"

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MartyT said:

When you find yourself thinking that, AB, remember that it's way too big a question, and it's one you cannot possibly answer. The real challenge ~ and the only one that matters here and now ~ is how to live the rest of today. And if that's too much to swallow, then focus on how you will live the next few hours ~ or the next few moments. That's enough for you to focus on right now. 

You're right Marty, tomorrow is too much to think about let alone the rest of my life. Moment to moment is all I can really handle right now.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, AB3 said:

"why am I still here?" What's the point in living the same day on repeat.

I remember a movie about a bride that wakes up to her wedding day every day, it felt like de javu.  At first it was annoying to her, but eventually she began seeing differently and doing things differently, and through this experience she learned a lot about herself and experience a different outcome than she would have otherwise.  I know it's just a made up story, but there's something to be gleaned in it.  When we're going through the motions in life, over and over again, eventually things can change...and that is the hope, even though we can't change their coming back.

As Marty said, maybe just getting through today is enough for now.

• Upvote 2