Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Wonder why it seems worse

Marg,

How I can relate...my daughter is ignoring my texts, attempts to call her.  Her brother wants to change the belt on her car, we have that opportunity tomorrow but he needed to order the part ahead of time if it was to happen and she didn't get back to either of us.  Finding out she has a belt on her car that needs replaced and she's not moving on it upsets me because I worry about her.  All the more so now that she is pregnant.  I don't want her to learn hard lessons, I want her to listen to me, but alas that's not in my jurisdiction.

I'm glad your daughter made it safely back on the road with minor inconvenience.  She'll be okay...you and I have already lived through the worst life has to offer.

• Upvote 1

For 25 yrs., I was a docent at the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio in Oak Park.  The volunteers were able to go thru the homes that were open to the public once a year.  And they could bring a guest.  So for many years, Al and I would go thru them together.  Today I went to Oak Park and saw many of the houses we toured together.  It brought back a lot of memories.  It was bittersweet.  Good memories, but pain because we can not do things together anymore.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, kayc said:

How I can relate...my daughter is ignoring my texts, attempts to call her.

I just hope this is safe for her and makes her happy cause goodness knows, I cannot remember the last time she was happy.  (Me either).  I hope your daughter gets in touch with you soon.  

• Upvote 1

I've tried really hard this last week but to no avail.  We're all totally ignored, I don't get it.  I will drive to my DIL's baby shower alone today...five hours of driving for one hour of the shower.  I have to come home earlier than it ends because I can't drive at night.  I will go early to try and catch a few minutes with my granddaughter before she goes down for her nap, then I'll have to kill a couple hours before the shower starts.  I wish the shower was earlier!

Last night I noticed my chimney had red coals at the top of it, not good!  So I got a hold of the person that cleans it and let the fire go out.  It's going to be very cold in here when I get home tonight but at least it'll be clean so I can build another fire.  My son cleaned the top of it right before Christmas, I've never had it build up that fast on dry wood before, but it's pitchy so maybe that made the difference.  I've also burned twice as much wood this winter.

• Upvote 1