Grief Healing Discussion Groups

posting a song

Yes, Martha. If there is a song you wish to post here you can do so. A song that appears on YouTube can be posted by embedding its link within your post. (I can do it for you if you let me know what song you're wanting to post here.) 

The song is I sure miss you by Jason Crabb. While we were planning songs for my husband's funeral a friend told us about this song and it was perfect. We had the minister's wife sing It is well with my soul. And then after the funeral was over and the room was silent Ernest Tubb began singing Waltz Across Texas.  My husband signed us up for dance lessons so he could dance with me to that song. But he got Parkinsons and we could no longer dance. I can't begin to tell how that affected me when it played. It may have seemed strange to everyone but I am glad I did it.

IT IS WELL is one of my favorites, we sang that at George's funeral.  It was my testimony, that no matter what, it IS well with my soul.  That's been tested, for sure, but it remains true.  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Marie,

Know what you mean.  No matter what I do, Al comes to mind.  Everywhere I go, he should be with me.  Everything I do, he should be right beside me doing it together.  The house is so lonely without him.

• Upvote 2

Gin,

Was just getting ready to give you a "shout out". I know you are in Illinois and am hoping all the storms missed you. I have never lived in tornado country, but always kept watch for my daughter's area in Kentucky. She was hit once, but with minimal damage.

Stay safe!

Karen,

All safe here.  Storms were terrible, but at least I kept power.  A little water in the basement, but not much.  Sure do not like dealing with storms alone.  Don't like anything alone.  Thanks for thinking of me.

• Upvote 2

On 3/1/2017 at 4:50 PM, Marie Lee said:

It is well with my soul is so beautiful...I wish I felt that way today

It is well with my soul is the song we sang at George's funeral...it was my testimony...not based on how I feel but it is more of a faith based statement that all will  be well, I will get through this, it is my declaration, my statement of positivity, it's a determination!  I know some disagree, that's fine, I'm not stating this for them, I'm stating this for ME.  It is MY experience!  

I've learned in my life not to judge anything by how I "feel", because feelings, especially in grief, can be all over the place.  We have all felt the whole gamut of feelings.  If we based the rest of our lives on feelings we might commit suicide and never make our way through this, because quite frankly, there are times we "feel" in the pits!  That's why I don't go by feelings, but give myself a chance to come around, look at the whole, give life's journey a chance to play itself out.  I may not be stating this very well, I know what I mean, I just don't know how to say it, how to put it into words that fully describe my meaning.

• Upvote 4