Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Shock and Awe after two years...

I am thankful that the only thing we took for granted was how long we'd get to share in this life together...for we fully appreciated each moment with each other, cherished them as we experienced them, and each moment I spent with my beloved was sacred, beautiful, a gift.  I'm glad I have no regrets as far as how w lived and loved each other.  He was the best.

3 hours ago, kayc said:

I am thankful that the only thing we took for granted was how long we'd get to share in this life together

Somehow, I guess marrying so young, I never thought about death.  Through my cancer, colon rupture, through his renal obstruction, through every day we fought to live, I never thought his death would be the one.  He had back trouble all his life.  We were immortal.  Only, we weren't.  My slow moving man who was so laid back, who kept me from being anxiety ridden, he was so slow moving, I knew he would never die of a heart attack (might have).

I dreamed somewhere between 4:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m., that he was alive, that he was terribly demented and did all the crazy things that people with dementia did.  I woke up alone, of course, Billy was not there.  Possibly the brain aneurysm made the changes his mental activity was going through, but it does no good to think about those changes.  He is not here.  My slow moving man made a fast race to death.  And, I really don't know how to handle life.  My son asked why I let my daughter boss me around and I got to thinking, I've always had someone to boss me around.  Now, I just don't know how to live.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Marg M said:

I got to thinking, I've always had someone to boss me around.  Now, I just don't know how to live.

Ah, but you do know how, dear Marg. You are doing it every day, one day at a time, even as you have the courage to get out of bed in the morning.

Remember our dear Brad's always reminding us of the wise words of Winnie the Pooh: 

"... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."  

• Upvote 3

I just spoke to my sister (Sharon) and found out her good friend's husband just died this afternoon.  My sister is so worried about her heart procedure tomorrow and that she may not survive it.  I found out the procedure is 4-6 hours.  She is scheduled around 12pm-6pm EST so I ask for prayers of healing and restoration.  She is so tired of being tired all the time.

I had a good day of work, and even got a tip.  I received another call request to clean and hopefully will pick up another job soon. 

My new battery for my phone, and the new sim card arrived today.  My phone seems to be functioning normal again and not overheating.  I have a full week of work ahead and plan to visit my sister in the hospital tomorrow evening.

Life marches on... - Shalom  

• Upvote 2

George,

I will be praying for your sister today...I will be out of town waiting on my car to be worked on all day so that'll give me something to do! :)

I am glad you have plenty of work and that your phone is functioning again.  Praying with envisioning!

• Upvote 2

Great news! My sister's heart procedure took four hours and she is no longer in AFIB. She has a normal heart rhythm.  She is tired and will be in the cardiac recovery suite... no visitors and the plan is to release her tomorrow. 

I thank everyone for your prayers.

I also picked up another client to start this week so my work schedule is full.  It's time for bed already as I have an early start tomorrow. - Shalom :wub: (Joyful)

• Upvote 6

Oh good, I was going to ask you how she is doing!  I did pray for her repeatedly yesterday as the Lord was faithful to bring her to my remembrance. :)

And Rose Anne's birthday, you can tell her how well your sister did.  Happy Birthday, Rose Ann!

• Upvote 2

Following the Mitch tradition, I turned 62 today.  This is the third BD without my beloved wife. I have had a good day remembering better times and celebrations. 

My Dad had cataract surgery on his left eye this morning and he seems to be okay.  My family took me out to a Mexican restaurant for dinner and then to my sister's home for fellowship, TV, and carrot cake.  My sister is recovering well from her heart surgery last week and returns to work tomorrow.  Her birthday is in five days. 

A child asked me, " What are you going to do for fun over the summer?"  my answer was "work".  She said, "boring!"... Out of the mouths of babes... 

I have been working on improving my food plan. I have removed most of the processed and fast foods, eating more vegetables, cutting out all breads,pastas, carbs.  I have been switching to a more (LCHF) low Carb, High Fat, low/medium Protein for the health benefits.  Reduced inflammation, cut out food cravings, and weight loss.  I am continuing to lose weight gradually.  I have lost 55 lbs since my highest weight and losing inches, sleeping better and feeling better. I am gaining more energy to get more projects done.

I am finding I can be grateful and strive to seek out joy instead of focusing on what I have lost.  This "adjusted life" is still a work in progress. 

I am not cured or "over" grief yet I am learning there is a balance. I have started to think about what brings me joy? 

I encourage you to continue to do the grief work and you will someday see progress and even hope in the future...  "Get busy living..."  (a line from the Shawshank Redemption movie Rose Anne loved...)  - Shalom

• Upvote 6

Happy Birthday George!!!!

I also have lost over 40lbs in the past 18 months. I have been trying to eat better. I also joined a gym. Although lately have been slacking with going to the gym. Work has been crazy and now that it is getting warmer, I have so much to do outside. You know....all that stuff that Rich used to do. (sigh)......

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, iPraiseHim said:

I am not cured or "over" grief yet I am learning there is a balance.

Some of us have a long way to go but you lead by example.  Happy Birthday, and if you don't exactly have the world by the tail, you have climbed up on its back.  Congratulations, and I hope those birthdays just keep on coming.  Proud of you.:)

• Upvote 3

Happy Birthday George. For somone like me who hasn't even 'reached' a year yet, I thought you post to be really positive and even uplifting to read, so thanks for posting it! And I think finding a balance is what most of us realistically are aiming for.

• Upvote 3

Happy Birthday, George!  And congratulations on the weight loss...quit it though, I keep finding it! :D

I'm glad to hear about your dad's eye surgery.  And your sister returning to work so soon! Wow!

• Upvote 3