Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Suicide of my little brother

Big sis

Hi I am looking for some help i have never done this before I lost my brother to suicide he killed him self and I want a way to talk out side of the box i talk to family my mom and so on but it hasn't helped she is the one who found my little brother 

• Upvote 1

I'm so sorry, that must be really hard.  If you attend school, you might talk to one of the school counselors as well.

Thank you marry for the article it makes me feel better to read about Grief. I didn't go through all the "stages"  I went throught anger and  crying at first and never went through the rest. I will find my self watching a video of my brother playing the guitar and start crying or I will listen to a song he used to play just for me and start crying but quickly wipe away my tears so no one will see them. It's hard to explain. I  hear people tell me it will be ok or it gets easier but when you lose a person that close you just tend not to listen to people any more

• Upvote 1

No one can tell you how you feel right now, or how you're going to feel in the future. Grief is unique to the person experiencing it, and it does not stay the same. Grief changes over the days, months and years, and you will change right along with it. What we all know for sure is that you'll never be the person you were before this tragic death happened. Your life will be forever divided into before and after.

You will find that the people who will never, ever tell you how to feel are the ones who've experienced a loss that is similar to your own. This is especially true of those whose loved ones died by suicide. I strongly encourage you to explore some of the resources listed in the article I mentioned to you above, because they are aimed specifically at survivors of suicide loss ~ people just like you, dear one. 

• Upvote 1

The relationship you are grieving is different from the one she is grieving.  It must be very hard for her, having found him like that.

33 isn't much past the 20s, the article could still be of some help.  Perhaps a professional grief counselor since you don't have access to a counselor through a school.  It's very hard to maneuver your way through grief all on your own, I'm thankful you found your way here.

• Upvote 1

Thank you guys for your help i have found some great info on suicide. I would like to let u know that I am going to start writting in a note book to help with my stress levels. And I have found that listening to music to helps as long as it's not the music that was played at his funeral. 

• Upvote 2