Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I have long heard of people receiving signs from our lost loved ones from beyond, but had not really believed in them.  I have to say I am re-thinking it. For over a week after Dana died, My phone would light up in the night. And I was hardly sleeping, so I noticed it a lot. Was not delivery of email or a text, because at first I checked. There was no sound alert, just the phone screen briefly lighting up, going off, then lighting again. Sometimes several times. That still happens occasionally, but for the first couple of weeks, it was a nightly thing.

Dana would always startle when anyone woke her with a nudge or shake. Even a light touch on the shoulder would make her jump and her heart race. It always scared her.  So I always called, waited for a reaction before I would reach out.

And now this: My son is disabled and lives with me. He has always slept like a brick, and you couldn't wake him with one. But the last two times I have shaken his shoulder, he erupted from sleep, scared out of his wits, drawing back in a defensive position. He has NEVER been like this before.

• Upvote 1

How old is your son, Dave?  

I've heard they have the ability to play with lights, electricity, I don't know anything about such myself, but I really feel if these signs bring comfort, then hold onto them as meant just for you.  

I agree with Kayc, if these signs bring you comfort then hold onto them. I remember getting signs in the beginning when my fiance passed away....there were just things that I didn't think could happen by coincidence. Most of it were things I would think about that I would get an answer to or something that will bring me a bit of comfort when I was really feeling down. Either way we all want to hold onto something.....especially the belief that they're still with us.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your notes, Kay and AB3. Kay, my son is 30 but is disabled and lives with me. So I have about 27 1/2 years of his being a chore to wake (before that he never slept through the night until he was 2 1/2 years old. I was a zombie!).

10 hours ago, DaveM said:

I was a zombie!

I can imagine!  My daughter didn't sleep much as a baby, 8 hours total in a 24 hour period but in snatches, and I remember feeling so tired I would cry.  The doctor said to sleep when she sleeps but when you're in the middle of fixing dinner and they drop off to sleep, you can't just turn everything off midway and drop off to sleep!  I feel for you, I hope he (and you) sleep better now. 

I never got much in the way of signs or maybe I didn't know how to recognize them but I do remember getting rainbows after George died...when he died there was a humongous thunder and lightening storm that made the news and at the instant of his death, a triple rainbow amidst this storm.  It was phenomenal, my sister got pictures of it.  I lost them when my hard drive failed and she doesn't have them anymore then one day I discovered them, I didn't know I had them.  One was too faint for the camera to catch but there were actually three rainbows.  You can see the darkness (it was about 5 pm in June, should have been bright daylight) from the storm in the background.

061905-2.jpg

• Upvote 5

Dreams and Angela's voice have woken me up a number of times.....The other day I was watching some videos that were at least 30 years old...brought tears to my eyes for sure. These things are like time machines....Long story short, two nights later, I had  a dream that was so real, and Angela and I  talked about the Videos......I boxed up six of these and sent them to my Oldest boy to transfer them to disc......didn't take long, within a week they were on Facebook Family page..... 

• Upvote 3

About a year ago, social security told me I'd only get $250/month, instead of $1100 I'd anticipated.  It was a Friday night and too late to reach a second opinion, on a three day weekend.  My anxiety kicked in full bore.  That night I felt George's hand on my back/shoulder area.  It felt physical, and if ever I needed his comfort/encouragement, it was then.  It was like he was saying it was going to be okay, and it was.  Turns out she was wrong (don't ever take the 800 number's word for anything, contact your local office).  I don't know how I'd have made it through that weekend without that "sign".  

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

We have a hawks nest in the top of tree at the very back corner of our property.  It overlooks our small pasture where rabbits and field mice - and snakes - move around.  My husband, Cody, loved to watch them hunt during the day while he was home alone, waiting for me to come home from work.  There are 2 hawks - I assume a pair - male and female.  They are beautiful when soaring low with wings spread.  The day my Cody died, when I came home from the hospital after releasing his body to the morgue - the first time I was back in our home alone after he was gone  - on a little work table in front the fence to our pasture, not 25 feet from our dining room window sat a baby hawk.  As beautiful as could be.  The light shining on it made it glisten like gold. I had never seen a baby before.  It sat there for a long time, just gazing in at me through the window.  Watching me.  I felt the same connection with that baby that I had felt with him every day while he was there with me. I felt so much peace.  At the time, I didn't think of it as a sign.  But as the memory keeps coming back around and around - I know that it was.  I believe that he was visiting me through that baby...and watching me and checking up on me.

• Upvote 4

I'm finally beginning seeing signs of Michael around me.  I've been waiting, but I think I needed my spirit to calm a bit before I could see them.  Not often and just little things mostly, but one that strikes me the most was last weekend.  I was dreading the weekend being a holiday and Michael has only been gone for 6 weeks (it will be 7 weeks this Friday).  I was sitting outside on my lanai by the pool alone when I heard the softest sound.  It was a young male cardinal just sitting on our bird bath and staring at me.  When I looked at it, it tweeted again as if to say, "Hi!"  I've read that cardinals are considered a visitor from Heaven so I spoke back to it in response, "Hey Baby!  I love you!"  It never stopped looking at me and then flew toward the lanai and landed right outside the door.  It tweeted again and I said HI again.  We had a short "conversation" with me confessing to missing him.  For the longest time, it just sat there singing to me every time I spoke to him.  I took it as a visit from Michael and made me smile.  I have since seen it in my trees and bushes around my house.  I hope it sticks around for a long time!  :-)

• Upvote 6

I'm the only one in the house 99% of the time and I have rooms I don't go in for days at a time......And I find the pictures are not even on the walls, pillows disturbed on the beds, and items moved.......It may be my memory playing tricks but those pictures are moving........And I talk to Angela all the time....

• Upvote 4

We have some landscape lighting that hasn't been on in years.  It was Steve's pet project.  One night I saw they were on.  I had to find the remote and replace the battery because it was dead and had no way to turn them off.   Now I can use them again which will be nice in on summer nights.  I also get missed calls from him on the caller ID coming from our own phone number which can't be done.  I don't believe in signs, but it does baffle me what triggers these things.  

• Upvote 4

Monday, the 17th is probably the 4-month mark since Dana died. I say "probably"  because she was gone several days before she was found, but her last phone conversation was with me on the 16th. She called me about 10pm and we talked until more than half-past midnight. She made no more calls, nor answered any after that.

Well, Monday night I had a semi-waking dream or vision in which she was walking up to me. She stopped about 6 feet away and smiled the biggest, best smile I can remember he making. The smile I had been receiving whenever I saw her since we got together last year. It is the first dream I have had of her since she passed. As badly as I am grieving, I was happy all day Tuesday with the memory of that vision. I am smiling right now thinking about it. My first real smiles in 4 months.

• Upvote 4