Grief Healing Discussion Groups

18 months since we were separated

It has been 18 months today since Al and I were separated.  The doctors told me that the time was coming, but I do not think that I believed them.  He was in the hospital so how could they not keep him alive?  They asked if I wanted to call someone.  Most of the time it was just the two of us. I told them "no".  I had spent these last 2weeks by his side and was not going to leave.  I spent the last nite with him but felt things were not going well.  There was a blood vessel in his neck that was swollen and pounding.  My daughter and son-in-law came at 8 a.m. We were talking and all of a sudden they motioned that the pounding stopped.  He was gone.  I firmly believe that he waited to die until there would be someone there with me.  After all this time it is still so hard to believe he is gone and never coming back!

• Upvote 5

My dear Gin, my heart goes out to you.  I know how hard it is to absorb and process their deaths, it takes so long, it seems so unreal, we want to wake up and find out this is a nightmare that is over.  That's how hard this revelation is to take. :(  I wish I could fix it and make it better but none of us can do that...not for any of us, but please know we care and we're here for you.  (((hugs)))

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kayc said:

please know we care and we're here for you.  (((hugs)))

We sure do Gin.:wub:

• Upvote 2