Grief Healing Discussion Groups

All for one and one for all

I've been reading all the post and comments you all have been writing lately and realized that this pain is a forever type of thing. We all seem to have some tolerable days but then there are the days that seem almost unbearable. I'm so sorry we all are suffering. This pain is so damaging and sometimes I try to overlook it....and sometimes it works.

I was thinking of how when my fiance passed away I thought surly the world would stop or there would be some type of end of the world situation. I also remember thinking that I would wake up and it would all just be a bad dream or I would immediately go back in time to where we were happy and everything was well. I still have those moments of "magical thinking" and I know I can't be alone in this. 

This life is heartbreaking for us all and I realized that it doesn't matter how long any of us spend with our partners, how many years we had under our belts....no amount of time could or would have ever been enough. 

I pray for us all....for strength and for peace.....anything that will get us through the rest of our time here.....

• Upvote 6

It's been a long time since I've felt it was a bad dream and everything would return to normal.  I've gotten used to "this is how it is".  But one thing we never get past is the missing them, that goes on forever.  So does the love.

• Upvote 4