Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Jeepers!!! This is a New Experience

Maynard, if you want this deleted, maybe Marty can help. Please don't be concerned with anyone relating to shared thoughts. We are all different, but we do share the fact that the worst thing possible has happened to each one of us.

By the way, I still use Jeepers myself.    ;^)

• Upvote 1

Maynard, some times I just go back and delete what I have said.  It does bother me sometimes when I say something.  But I keep on.  Just like every day we live, we just keep on.  Nothing you have said (and I don't remember reading what you are talking about, I'm sorry), but sometimes I go back and edit, and sometimes after having it sit for a day and then rereading it, I might feel I have put it in the wrong place and I will move it. (Most times I usually say too much).

For sure, our thinking is not always logical and my thinking can have two different subjects in one sentence.  I don't think everyone on here understands everything we do.  Some times we have thin skin, sometimes we just say it, whatever it is, whether it makes sense or not.  That is one freedom I have now.  I don't have to make sense.

So say what you feel, when you feel it.  If you don't like it, edit it.  Actually, there is probably not an emotion put on here that we have not all felt.  (And see, another of my word salads).  

• Upvote 2

Thanks.  I did just delete what I said.  I was having a pretty bad time Friday and yesterday.  This has become my only source of support - save one friend who is already tiring of being the only one I have to turn to.  I took it really hard that I had no support responses.  I wasn't going to come back - just didn't need the rejection right now, but glad I looked. I appreciate your replies and encouragement.  Still not doing real well today, feeling very sensitive and taking things as rejection too easily. Guess whether we like it or not, we are alone, and no support group can ever  fill that void of belonging - being part of an 'Us'.  Looked into a local support group today.  I think that may be helpful for me if I can find one close and at a time I can get to it.  Probably just need to find a way not to have all my eggs in one basket.  

• Upvote 2

Maynard, this is a time when we can feel rejected very easily.  Sometimes people just don't know what to say, especially me, even though we do know what you are feeling, the best we can do is show that we read your post with the reputation button, but that doesn't mean we don't know where you are coming from.  Looking into a local support group is good, hope you can find one that suits you.  Please continue to come here and post, this group has kept me going and even though I may not post much, I read everyday and appreciate this groups caring way.

Joyce

• Upvote 2

Maynard, I'm on my second year and can honestly say it is only recently I have accepted my situation.......don't like it, but can move forward alone. I definitely have my bad/sad days and question my journey.....but I don't regret the painful early parts of this journey, as tough as they were.......good luck, it does get better...

• Upvote 2

Maynard, my dear, I think this is something we all endure at one time or another. Grief has a way of leaving us feeling extremely vulnerable and hypersensitive to the words and actions of those around us. You may find this article to be of interest ~ and be sure to notice the links at the base of the article as well: Grief Support: When Others Fail to Meet Our Expectations 

• Upvote 3

On 4/22/2017 at 4:43 PM, Maynard said:

Sorry, I don't think anyone related to the thoughts I shared here.  Wish I could delete topic

I couldn't find the post so I don't know if I could relate or not.  Even if I don't I can still listen, share, and care.  We all proceed on this grief journey differently and at our own pace.  It is not a marathon, or even a race.  In my early months, I was in such utter and complete shock that I couldn't fully comprehend what happened.  as a caregiver and my wife sudden and unexpected death sent reverberating shock waves through my soul and psyche. I miss my beloved wife, Rose Anne, each day.  I am physically alone most of my work day, evenings, and weekends. That is just what life is now. 

I hope you can share whatever is on your mind and heart.  This forum has helped me in so many ways to learn, deal with, and manage grief... a moment at a time.  I pray you find peace and a safe have for your grief and loss.  People here understand the profound loss unlike most of the outside world.  - Shalom, George

• Upvote 4

Maynard,

No need to delete or sugar coat what we write here unless it's offensive to someone else, we all have our hard days...I can't even remember what you wrote, but then I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.  You're fine here, it's a good place to vent!

• Upvote 5