Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The Rainbow Bridge

This is for Cookie that just lost her Ranger, and all the rest of us that have those precious little critters that have blessed our lives...

The Rainbows Bridge Poem
RainbowBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

My wife...also named Cookie, by the way...is now at that Rainbow Bridge with all those little ones that graced our lives over the years. The first ones were 2 little pekinese that were with us for 17 1/2 years. And then soo many others. Most were rescue cases that we gave homes to. Humans could learn so much from dogs about unconditional love, not being judgemental, etc. 

Wishing a Blessed Sunday to one and all.

One foot in front of the other...

Darrel

You made me think of all the special animals that loved Cody (my husband) who were filled with joy on March 1 when he left me for Rainbow Bridge.  How happy they and he were that morning and still are.  Some of them have been there alone for a long time, missing him because of their special connections to him.  A couple of them, he sat alone with, softly comforting them and telling them what good dogs they had been and that they'd done their job and it was OK for them to go rest now - then they passed naturally, with no help from a vet, in his arms - immediately after he told them they could.  And I know he missed them.  So now, it's my turn to be alone, while they all wait there for me.  Comforting.  Thank you

• Upvote 2

I posted this in the other thread, but here it is again, since you've started this one:

• Upvote 2