Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Been gone awhile

Hi everyone I have not been on here for months I have not forgotten be this site and all the wonderful people who helped me in my darkest days, I have been trying to find my way . Kevin will be gone a year in May never thought I could say that without crying but I can now somehow I have realized my life will go on with or without Kevin whether I want it to or not, I have accepted him being gone now, I noticed the saddness is gone for the most part I have not really lost it in months I do still feel lonely sometimes but it doesn't consume me anymore I guess I have just learned to live life again hope everyone is OK and my heart is always with you guys

• Upvote 7

We have noticed your absence.  I think the last time you posted you were having a struggle and I was worried about you, so I'm glad you came back on to let us know you're okay.  Good luck with you!

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, rdownes said:

Hi everyone I have not been on here for months I have not forgotten be this site and all the wonderful people who helped me in my darkest days, I have been trying to find my way . Kevin will be gone a year in May never thought I could say that without crying but I can now somehow I have realized my life will go on with or without Kevin whether I want it to or not, I have accepted him being gone now, I noticed the saddness is gone for the most part I have not really lost it in months I do still feel lonely sometimes but it doesn't consume me anymore I guess I have just learned to live life again hope everyone is OK and my heart is always with you guys

I think that's a really positive post, reading something like that means alot to someone like me who is also approaching the one year mile stone [June]. I joined here quite early on after my wife's death, but unlike you, I didn't have the desire to post here until several months ago when I was going through a really bad phase and I needed to connect and talk with people who are going through similar emotions and who can relate to what I say!

• Upvote 5

Robin, I do so hope you keep feeling better.  Many say the 1st year is a trick miracle marker and I do hope you beat that adage.  It didn't work that way for me, but if just one if this family can find some much needed 'peace', I'm all for it!  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

Thank you all I still consider you all family if not for you I would have lost my way. I would not say I am at total peace I don't know maybe one day I just know I can make it through everyday now I don't feel completely hopeless anymore I am not completely happy and again maybe one day or not but I can smile at things again and not feel bad about it, I am deciding that Kevin's death will help me through life not hold me back anymore if that makes sense.  I owe you all alot and will always be forever grateful

• Upvote 3