Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One year without you Kevin

Well today marks the day that changed my life forever, a year ago today for what ever reason you were taken from this earth, taken out of my life physically, I still remember the day like it was yesterday the paramedics telling me I am sorry mam he is gone I have dreaded those words ever since, it has been a long year one I  don't even know how I survived sometimes, some days I didn't want to survive, but I kept going I kept you love in my heart and soul where it will forever stay helping me face each new day no natter how difficult it has been a long road to this point full of millions of tears and sleepless nights but through it all I would do it all again I was blessed to of had you in my life for 26 amazing years some people will never know a love like ours and I feel bad for them because even though I lost you physically you spirit lives on inside me forever, your memory will live on forever, you will live through me and your children, so know that you are loved beyond words, missed beyond measure and you will forever have my heart until we meet again, you are my forever love Kevin!! 

• Upvote 8

Sending you a virtual hug on this most difficult of days,a day which I'll also have to face soon. The deep love that you had and still have, that is clearly evident in your very moving post, has obviously helped you along this most difficult of journeys and given you strength the last 12 months, and I hope with all my heart that it's doing so today as well.

• Upvote 4

Robin, I guess I came and went before you posted, I'm sorry.  I know how hard these anniversaries are, I hope you got through it okay.  I remember mine...a lot of tears, a lot of hard memories.  I don't cry much anymore, it's more of an accepted sadness that I live with every day, lurking just underneath the surface.  Still I embrace whatever good comes my way, however small and fleeting it might be, it helps.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Robin.. I hope today finds you well. I have not been on here much and when I have, I have been quiet.

Your post was a lovely tribute to the love you shared. 

Thank you for the many times you shared your experiences and offered words of comfort... thanks to everyone really ...

This journey of grief is not an easy path by any means... I wish there were more relationships as loving & supportive as this group has been.

Please accept my late hug .. sending thoughts of much  love and blessings your way...Marie

• Upvote 3