Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The loss of Maui Pasta, Maui

I've been dreading this moment, the pain, the rekindled grief.  I wanted to share with you my love letter to Maui, our Customers, and Ron that I just posted on the Maui Pasta Facebook page.  I want to share more.  But I'm in the throes of the last 3 days of Maui Pasta, Maui.  So many ways Grief washes, freshens its grip, takes me.  Please send me your strength as I try to make it through the last three days of Maui Pasta, Maui.  Our legal battle is over.  That's all I can say.  It was nasty to the bitter end.  But no trial -- we settled -- it had to be over, it was not necessarily in our favor, or theirs... it is just DONE.

This is a love letter to Maui.pdf

farewell.JPG

• Upvote 6

Your farewell letter to Maui is beautiful yet sad, Patty.  I want to be one of the first to welcome you to our Phoenix area.  I will be one of the first ones to bring my friends to your new location. As you deal with the sadness of leaving Maui know that there will be those of us here who are waiting to welcome you with open arms. 

Anne

• Upvote 7

It's so sad you got slammed with this on top of losing Ron.   My very best on your move and so glad you have Steve in your life.  I forgot Anne is there so more of the family meeting face to face.  I know the move will be hard logistically and emotionally.  I know I can say we are all rooting for you.  

• Upvote 5

My heart hurts for you even as I rejoice for you and Steve, dear Patty. Your farewell letter to your Maui patrons is simply beautiful, just like you.

I cannot imagine how painful this loss of Maui Pasta must be for you, but I feel certain that in the end, you are making decisions that are right for you, for Ron, for your daughter, for your partner Debbie, for our dear and precious Steve, and most certainly for Scottsdale!

We will elect Anne to be our official representative in making certain that you are properly welcomed to your new home on the mainland ~ and you are always in our hearts.

• Upvote 7

Patty, what a beautiful letter and I know it will be difficult to leave and you are in my thoughts.  I know with your move that you will do great there too, you show much determination and you will have wonderful support there.  Sending you hugs, Joyce

• Upvote 4

It is truly a heartfelt and beautiful letter, Patty. I had been thinking of you as June approached. I know how hard this is for you, but we here in Scottsdale welcome you with open arms. I am nearby if you need another shoulder.......

• Upvote 6

Patty,

Very well written and heartfelt letter!  And as the "Open to Hope" interview Marty did here:

as stated at the end of the broadcast, if you are without (hope) strength, let us carry you until you have some.  

I am jealous I am not in the Phoenix area, but if I ever travel there, this will be one of my biggest points of interest!  Wishing you well with the transition. 

• Upvote 3

Hugs to you, Patti...transitions are never easy, but you have so much waiting for you as you begin this new chapter of your life.  Ron is so very proud of you, and you can take this to a place where you can thrive and grow stronger.  I know you can do it.

Love,

Maryann

• Upvote 2

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, Patty65 said:

I've been dreading this moment, the pain, the rekindled grief.  I wanted to share with you my love letter to Maui, our Customers, and Ron that I just posted on the Maui Pasta Facebook page.  I want to share more.  But I'm in the throes of the last 3 days of Maui Pasta, Maui.  So many ways Grief washes, freshens its grip, takes me.  Please send me your strength as I try to make it through the last three days of Maui Pasta, Maui.  Our legal battle is over.  That's all I can say.  It was nasty to the bitter end.  But no trial -- we settled -- it had to be over, it was not necessarily in our favor, or theirs... it is just DONE.

This is a love letter to Maui.pdf

farewell.JPG

Patty:  Beautifully written.  Happy for you and what lies ahead...sounds very promising.  If I'm ever in Scottsdale, I will drop in.  Good wishes, Cookie

• Upvote 1

Patty, sorry to hear about your business. That's tough and I am sorry that you went through all of that. But, welcome to Arizona and I wish you the best of luck here! Maybe some of your pasta can make it up to Sedona...we need some good pasta to go with the views