Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lena is going to be in a movie!

Clematis

Lena, my precious therapy cat, is going to be in a movie. One of the owners of a local pet store and animal rescue recommended her to a local film crew and they called me on the phone asking for Lena, who like any movie star does not answer the phone herself, but has her agent do it, and only get her on the phone if it is of interest to her. 

Interesting that the call came yesterday, as I was cleaning out the last things from my dad's house with the help of two good friends. One of them, Greg, is a movie cameraman who works as much as possible but it's somewhat intermittent. He got a call about a job in New Mexico about the same time. Totally unrelated, but interesting. So today, Lena had her audition for the movie, which she passed with flying colors, and meanwhile Greg is shooting in New Mexico. This is Lena's first paying gig. It's pretty cool...but I always knew she was a star   =^. .^= Something to celebrate...

• Upvote 5

That is so cool Laura.

Does she need a social security number now? :D

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, KATPILOT said:

That is so cool Laura.

Lena is like the queen...she doesn't need to handle cash directly. Her staff is expected to turn the money into chicken, tuna, a climate controlled dwelling and so on...

Lena's character - the cat she is playing in the movie - is named "Boodle" Someone involved with the move used to have a cat by this name. I looked up boodle and found that it is slang for "money", having come from a Dutch word "boedle" which means property or estate. So Lena and I are having a crash course on "Boodle" so she learns to respond to it

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Clematis said:
21 hours ago, KATPILOT said:

That is so cool Laura.

Lena is like the queen...she doesn't need to handle cash directly. Her staff is expected to turn the money into chicken, tuna, a climate controlled dwelling and so on...

Lena's character - the cat she is playing in the movie - is named "Boodle" Someone involved with the move used to have a cat by this name. I looked up boodle and found that it is slang for "money", having come from a Dutch word "boedle" which means property or estate. So Lena and I are having a crash course on "Boodle" so she learns to respond to it

Haha, I love this!  Steve, you're witty!  Lena is going to profit big from this! :D

• Upvote 2