Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hello - Emptiness

4 hours ago, Gwenivere said:

to write cards.

Gwen, I wrote no cards because I don't remember getting things.  Then my cousin Bonnie asked if I had gotten the card from St. Jude's saying they had donated.  I don't know if I got it.  I did apologize, I'm sure I got it.  I told her I did.  I don't ever want to see the mail for that month. I got all my bills paid on time.  In fact, the guy that had talked to Billy so much before he passed away, they had talked about fishing or something, he sent us $1000, and it was just out of the goodness of his heart. I did call him. But it was not the money so much, it was because Billy and he had talked about the man just losing his father and within 2-3 months Billy left.  He called and it was almost like losing his father again.  Honestly, good manners still are not prominent in my personality.  

• Upvote 2

Gwen,

As I said, I felt it cathartic to make and write out the cards.   You forget, I've been making cards for 30+ years, it's what I do.  To me, creativity is a stress reliever.  Besides, I truly wanted to acknowledge appreciation for each person that came to his funeral, that sent flowers/plants, that sent me cards.  It meant a lot to me.  My two best friends didn't bother showing up, his job didn't send flowers or a card or a company representative, but a whole lot of other people showed up, the church was packed.  I didn't do it for etiquette.  I don't think there should BE an etiquette for grievers!  If you feel like doing something, do it.  If you don't, don't!  Each of us finds our own way through this.

• Upvote 2