Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Life is somehow going to be okay...

Soon I will have been without my rock and my strength for a year and a half. This Friday. When this journey first started for me on New Year's Day last year, I couldn't imagine myself being able to survive this long without my Cookie. There have sure been alot of days since then when I sure didn't even want tto keep on putting one foot in front of the other. But I forced myself to keep on trudging along, and somehow some things have become easier. I have had to endure alot of adversity, but who here hasn't? Hopefully not the same kind as mine, but unto each of us a little rain has fallen. 

During my necessary "sabbatical" the biggest part of this month, I had a whole lot of time on my hands. I used to it re-read several of my favorite positive thinking books (including the Bible). I made a vow to God, to Cookie, and to myself that if I was able to bounce back from that hole I had sunk into that I would come back a changed person. The kind of person that people would maybe, just maybe enjoy being around, instead of running away from. For some oddball reason, all those people I sent invitations to to join me in my pitty parties never seemed to want to come. How dare them not come after I spent all that time and energy getting all down in the dumps and depressed just for them!! LOL

One of my favorite positive thinking "gurus" is Orison Swett Marden. One of his quotes that I like...

"Obstacles are like wild animals. They are cowards, but they will bluff you if they can. If they see that you're afraid of them they are liable to spring upon you;  but if you look them squarely in the eye, they will slink away out of sight."

To that I say:  Run, coward, Run.:D

One foot in front of the other...

Darrel:rolleyes:

Great way to look at it Darrel.  One step at a time. That's a good way to work your way up. I find that taking  breaks after each little climb renewed my energy to climb even higher.

• Upvote 1