Grief Healing Discussion Groups

New Changes to the Format on the Forum

enna

Things I Like

Instead of those blank faces, I like the Letters of Different Colors for those members who choose not to use their own picture or avatar.

Showing who reacted to a post is okay.  I don’t really like the heart button indicating who liked a post. I preferred the hands up sign myself. It does help to know that someone read your post. Clicking a like/heart button only takes a nano-second. 

Things I Don’t Like

The Leaderboard ~ everything about it ~ I just believe all content is worthy of recognition not only what someone thinks is popular and this is not a popularity contest so the idea of “Top Members” doesn’t sit well with me. In my opinion, the trophy idea is juvenile ~ 1st, 2nd, 3rd place!  Really!  Whose idea is this? I did not think this discussion site was about points and content count. This disappoints me.

I am glad that we have as many members as we do.  My hope is that everyone who comes here feels heard and finds this a caring place to share our grief. 

Anne 

I was just trying o figure out this new system.. What is an "UPVOTE" ?  I am clueless> i don't know what is an appropriate response.  Facebook changed setting on me today, too?  Today is one of those "challenging" days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, enna said:

Whose idea is this? I did not think this discussion site was about points and content count. This disappoints me.

I'm sorry, Anne. These changes just come with the updates to our message board by the provider (Invision Power Board) ~ I have no say in them. As for the "Leaderboard" tab, I never even knew it existed until you pointed it out. I've never clicked on it before. For what it's worth, I agree with you. Our site is not about points and content count, and this is not a popularity contest. If you can do so, I urge you simply to ignore that feature. 

3 hours ago, iPraiseHim said:

What is an "UPVOTE" ?  I am clueless> i don't know what is an appropriate response.

Another uninvited change, George. It's similar to what we had before: It gives readers an additional way to "like" someone's post without having to say anything more than that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, enna said:

Things I Don’t Like

The Leaderboard ~ everything about it

Yay!!! I just figured out how to disable that feature, Anne! Henceforth you'll no longer find that tab at the top of our main page ;)

• Upvote 1

I don't even know what a leaderboard is so I don't know what I'm missing now. :D

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I just discovered this.  Not only am I late to the topic, I did not know it was here.  In fact, I have found some more "groups" or topics.  Oh joy, now I can cut my word salad up everywhere.  No stopping me now.  I may have read it, but I still don't know what the things on the side with the hearts.  If I read it, I just punch one.  No idea what I'm punching.  Sometimes I type something and there will not be a heart below it.  Does not matter.  Maybe it is invisible.  You do not realize, I get on here so often and type and type and then read it and think, "oh what the hell" and I will delete it.  So, if I write something twice, just consider the source.  And, I have no idea where I am right now.  I feel at home.

• Like 2