Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss of grown daughter to cancer

I've lost my husband, parents, grandparents, niece, nephew, and many friends and pets.  Yes, grief is exhausting.  I take vitamins and SAMe, it helps.  

I am so sorry for your loss.  Two years...it probably seems like both yesterday and forever at the same time.  To lose a child is one of the hardest things you can go through, navigating your way through loss is very difficult.  Have you seen a grief counselor?

Evelyn, my dear, while it's true that exhaustion is one of the most common reactions in grief (because it's some of the hardest work you'll ever do), I do think it's a good idea to see your personal healthcare provider to make sure you're healthy otherwise, and to rule out anything else that may be causing or contributing to the fatigue you're experiencing.

That said, you may find this article helpful (including the Related Articles and Resources listed at the base): Voices of Experience: How Grief Can Affect Your Health

See also When An Adult Child Dies: Resources for Bereaved Parents

There are dozens upon dozens of resources available to support you in this most painful loss, and if you've not done so already, I hope you will take advantage of some of them ~ most especially The Compassionate Friends 

• Like 2

I have been for grief counseling and I also went thru the Grief Share Pla, all was helpful in their own way. I currently have a group of friends that I do Bible Study with weekly. They are very much aware of what I'm going thru. I am getting ready to have a check up by my dr that will include blood work to check out everything. I just wanted to know if anyone has suffered with the debilitating exhaustion that I am dealing with, all I want to do is sleep. I know I can not continue on this path, but I also don't know what else to do. I am terribly sad, I have very little communication with my husband as he is in beginning stages of dementia. My two younger children have pushed away, I think they are dealing with their own grief, they probably need mom during this time, but it's hard for me to be there, I'm just lost.

• Like 1

I hope a visit to the doctor is helpful.   It would be good to know, though, if the tiredness is from the grief or something else going on.