Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I hope everyone is doing ok...sorry have not been on too much.  A lot has been going on in my life lately.  This passed Saturday, I was in a car accident.  I am ok; just sore and bruised.  But my car, the one that Mark and I bought together is more than likely totaled.  The accident wasn't my fault, but it doesn't change the fact that the last real possession I had that was a connection to Mark is probably gone. I was able to maintain my composure at the scene, but as soon as I got into the house, I fell apart.  I know that it was Mark who kept me from getting seriously injured....he even supplied a witness who saw the whole thing and said that I was not at fault.  There are things to be thankful for.  I am at work today, but not feeling real good.  I went to the doctor yesterday and she said it will get worse before it gets better.  I have to get something checked out a little further because of how the x-ray was read.  But wanted to check in with my forum family....hugs.

• Like 4

Maryann, so sorry about your car accident, but glad you are okay and I'm sure Mark was watching over you.  I understand your feeling about losing another connection to your love and how much that hurts.  Sending hugs, Joyce

I am so sorry that you were involved in an accident with Mark's car.  I hope you have been checked out as you said you would. If the accident was serious enough to perhaps total the car you need to keep in touch with your doctor.  Let us know how you are doing. I know this is painful for you right now. Anne

• Like 3

Maryann,

I know this is tough for you, I know how much Mark's car meant to you, it was a connection to him.  I am so glad you're not hurt worse than you are and I'm sorry for the prognosis that it will get worse before it gets better.  Keep track of any time you've had to be off from work, the insurance should cover it.

I know there's nothing that makes up for the loss of Mark's car, but I hope it's a comfort that we're all here, caring and rooting for you.  I'm glad Mark had your back and there was a witness.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.  Taking this week off work to rest and begin to heal.  Have a test to go to on Friday.  Dealing with the insurance companies have given me more stress than the accident.  It has been determined that the other driver was 100% at fault, so their insurance company is trying to tie everything up nicely.  But I did not ask to be in an accident and now I am hurting and emotional.  I cancelled the claim I made on MY insurance...the other insurance company advised me to do so to cover the storage costs on the car.  Well, now that liability has been determined, they can pay it all.  I also spoke with an attorney about the injuries I am dealing with.  It is nothing serious, but I went to work on Tuesday and made it 4 hours.  I know it could have been worse, and I am thankful.  But I also did not expect this disruption in my life.  Yuk!!

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Froggie4635 said:

Thanks everyone.  Taking this week off work to rest and begin to heal.  Have a test to go to on Friday.  Dealing with the insurance companies have given me more stress than the accident.  It has been determined that the other driver was 100% at fault, so their insurance company is trying to tie everything up nicely.  But I did not ask to be in an accident and now I am hurting and emotional.  I cancelled the claim I made on MY insurance...the other insurance company advised me to do so to cover the storage costs on the car.  Well, now that liability has been determined, they can pay it all.  I also spoke with an attorney about the injuries I am dealing with.  It is nothing serious, but I went to work on Tuesday and made it 4 hours.  I know it could have been worse, and I am thankful.  But I also did not expect this disruption in my life.  Yuk!!

Maryann,

You handled this well.  I fell a couple of months ago, it was the employee's fault, yet I have been in complete pain, suffering, lack of sleep, stress, disruption to my life ever since.  You were smart to get an attorney.  Me, I lived and learned from it, still trying to heal up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I asked the adjuster to give me a picture of the car so I can look at it and feel blessed to still be here.  The car was totaled and paid off; I went and got another one on Thursday.  A 2011 Honda Civic.  I am adjusting to it.  It doesn't hold the same special place as my Accord...not yet anyway.  I am still processing the whole incident.  Waiting for a copy of the police report to close the file on the property portion of the accident.  I am still healing, hopefully on all levels.  I know that there were special spirits watching out for me.

car.jpg

• Like 2

Good heavens, Maryann! How terribly frightening it is to see your car smashed to bits like this! And I know this was the car that you and Mark bought together. Yet another loss . . . :(

It's a miracle that you were not injured more seriously than you were. I can only imagine how you must have felt and what went through your mind when you saw your car and took this photo of the damage. Yikes. Yikes to the tenth power. You had a special angel named Mark looking out for you.

I am so grateful that you're all right ~ but emotionally traumatized for sure. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Maryann,

Wow!  One look at that and you can't help but feel fortunate to have survived as well as you did.  I have a 2007 Honda Civic, 188,000 miles and it has never once broke down or left me stranded, good choice!  I can't help but wonder if Mark was looking out for you!

Kay,

In fact, someone gave me a message that Mark was indeed watching out, and kept me from being hurt more seriously.  I was told that he is with me each time that I drive.  I am sure he is responsible for the witness who gave me her information.  I didn't really need someone to tell me that...it helps to have validation though.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Hi. I am a new member of this community. I am so sorry to hear about your accident. It is good to know that you are safe.

Kevin is right. In such cases, talking to a Personal injury lawyer is beneficial. Recently my sister met with an accident and she immediately hired the lawyer Bechara Tarabay for help. Thankfully, she was not injured too much in the accident.

Froggie4635, I wish for your safety.