Grief Healing Discussion Groups

These "special" days keep coming

Today is Dale's birthday.  Happy Birthday my love.  Even though this is his 3rd birthday without him, it is still very difficult to get through.  Any of our "special" days, birthdays, anniversaries, holidays don't seem to get any easier, not that the regular days all the rest of the year are easy either.  It's like it has been said many times before, I thought I knew what grief was, with already losing so many loved ones in my life, but this one, losing the love of my life and my soulmate, well you can never be prepared enough for it.  I love and miss you Dale and I always will.  

• Like 6

Joyce, 

Even though I'm getting here late, my wish is the same as the others, I hope you made it through the day okay.  (((hugs)))   I don't think these special days ever get any easier. :(

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Joyce- The 16th of Aug is Kev's birthday.. just had the second one without him .. and no, no easier.

Thinking of you and everyone today..

On a side note, I think I found a local honest reliable handymen.. that is a blessing as a home owner on my own... baby steps .

Love to all...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marie Lee said:

I found a local honest reliable handymen.

A true blessing!  I wish I could find one!

Yep the 'special days' certainly do keep coming. Luckily we got married on her birthday, she suggested it in case I forgot our anniversary [I think she was joking!]. But we also used to celebrate other days many others would probably find ridiculous - the anniversary of the first time we went out together, the anniversary we got engaged, the anniversary we became 'intimate', etc. That's really biting me on the 'ass' now, I sometimes just wish I could forget them but that's never going to happen.

• Like 2