Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mother's Day

STARKISS

Hi All,

This is my fifth Mother's Day without my mom, and for those who are new to this no it does not get easier... My first Mother's Day, I remember that I was putting all my mom's belongings away forever... They told me it would be best for my dad if I did this for him, I could not believe they made me do it on that day... After all it was only three weeks before that my mom actually died...My second Mother's Day I bought a balloon and tied a message on it and let it go way up high in the sky... The third and fourth I just hid away and quietly remembered how much I missed her and loved her... This being the fifth Mother's I made some clay flowers and I made a special card to thank her for all she did for me... Shelley

Starkiss,

What a wonderdful idea you had to remember your mother with a balloon and message. My mom has been gone since 2004 and I miss her especially on Mother's Day. She lived 200 miles from me but there wasn't a Mother's Day missed seeing her. I hope you don't mind, I am going to send a ballon to her in Heaven tommorrow. Hope your day isn't too hard, I am sending you a hug.

Lainey

Hi Lainey,

I just came back from a very cold and over cast day out but I bought a very colourful balloon and wrote a very personal note to my mom and said I love you and released the balloon and watched it go up in the sky till I could not see it anymore...My mom will love it and know that I am thinking of her today on this Fifth Mother's day without her... Shelley