Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Date Set

Gail_R

Hi everyone it has been sometime since i have posted anything...about 4-5 months i posted that i got engaged...well we have set a date for our wedding..that will be july2,2011..im so happy..Alex asked my boys if he would marry their mom it was so nice and they said a BIG YES...i asked my daughter if she would stand with me and my boys are going to give me away...we have decided on having just a small family and a few friends and the wedding will be on our side yard on my farm..it should be beautiful..anyways i just thought that i would update everyone...i would like to thank everyone on this site that has help me since Bruce's death ..without you i would not be were i am today...thanks again.....gail

Thank you everyone..it is wonderful to have someone in my life again..but there is not a day that i dont think of Bruce or miss him like yesterday our daughter gave birth to her second baby another little boy...Oliver came into the world at 1:18pm yesterday afternoon so that makes three wonderful grandsons and with each beautiful baby i think how much Bruce would have loved being a grandpa..but im sure that he is looking down on us with pride..anyways thanks again for the well wishes.........gail :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Gail,

I am so glad you found happiness again. You're very special and I'm just glad you have someone in your life that will be good to you and the kids. Congratulations!!

Kay

Thank You Kay you are too kind..i am so very happy but there is not a day that goes by that Bruce is not in my thoughts...Alex such a wonderful man that i can talk about Bruce and our life we had together without him getting upset...my kids really like him and i can even say that my daughter loves him because he so good with her and her family..i know that he thinks of the grandsons as his...my grandson Nate loves to climb on Alex lap and have him read his book to him and Chris said he is the only one that Nate will do that with...so life is going well and im so looking to our future together....thanks again...gail :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to all of you, Gail! That is really wonderful. May the road rise up to meet you, the sun shine warmly on your face and the wind be always at your back...

Kath

• 2 years later...

Hello Everyone

It has been 2 years since I remarried and life is good. Since Bruce's death I have had 6 grandkids..4 grandsons from the ages 0f 5 to 10 months and 2 granddaughters 2 and 3 with another on the way in Jan and I was told this weekend that it will be another boy I wish with all my heart that Bruce could be here to see them all. My youngest son got married in June so that makes all the kids married and they all have their own families now too. I never thought that I would be lucky enough to find happiness again I really thought that is one was lucky enough to find it once in their life that we where lucky but I guess that I was lucky twice in my life...anyways I just thought that I would up date everyone on how my life is going...thanks to everyone that was here when I needed you most with out each and everyone I really don't know were I would be today...

Gail,

It has been so uplifting to see you find that well deserved happiness again! Whether you've found it due to being smart or lucky or maybe a little of both, I am just truly glad for you!

Thanks Marty and Kay...Life can be so funny the way things change some for the good and some for not so good but I guess that is what makes us strong...I have been very lucky in my life so have 2 wonderful men love me and for my first true love Bruce to have given my our beautiful Kids without them I would not have gotten throw this pain of losing their Dad and now all these beautiful Grandkids. You may think that is funny but I really believe that Bruce brought Alex into my life. I am going to tell you something that my Cousin Sue told a few months after Bruce's death...he said to make sure that I find someone to love again because he didn't want me to be alone for the rest of my life I was much to young and had a lot of love in me to give. So from that he knew that there was something wrong and never said anything. You I have remarried but there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of Bruce and all the thinks he has missed out on like see all his grandkids being born ...our youngest son getting married and I can tell he would have loved her with her firey red hair just like me...well all I wanted to say was thanks Ladies for all you love and support thro my most darkest time......

Gail

• 2 weeks later...

Gail, am very happy for you! Yours is one story with a happy ending and I wish you all the best!