Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Looking For The Positives

Kaybee,

That is GREAT news!  I lost my job a few months after George died, and I remember how happy and relieved I was when I finally landed another one!  Good luck to you and CONGRATULATIONS!!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, kayc said:

Kaybee,

That is GREAT news!  I lost my job a few months after George died, and I remember how happy and relieved I was when I finally landed another one!  Good luck to you and CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thank you so much. In recent months I have been reminded of the Shakespeare quote: 'When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions' and it felt like nothing was going right. Ordeal after ordeal. The prospect of having some order and routine back after a number of months actually excites me. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is that your grandchild, Kevin?  Very cute!

Pictures of grandchildren, children, fur babies, all those things bring a smile to our lives.  Keep them coming Kevin and Butch.  That old refrain from Reba that says "Is there life out there" from one of her songs, well, the pictures of Gracie, of your grandchild Kevin, they make us know, even if we have lost so much, there is still "life out there" and sometimes it brings a smile to a hurting heart.  Thank you.  

I know Father's Day is coming up, and we honor our father's like we do our mothers and if you had one to remember, then Happy Father's day.  Billy was a better mother and father than I could ever hope for, and a wonderful caregiver.  His children and grandchildren all miss him, as do I.

Click on the Atlas link, it takes you to his pictures on FB.

I have a lot of moles, got them from my dad, very fair skin.  My mom, dad, and little sister have all had Melanoma.  All but me.  I guess I always figured I was next.  I tanned for a while when I was stupid...they told us it was safer than being out in the sun.  Now we know better, you have a MUCH greater chance for skin cancer, even if you only did it for a short time.  If only we could go back and redo our choices...

So this one spot I've had for some time suddenly started growing, developed three dark spots in it, and was no longer symmetrical.  My hairdresser called it to my attention a couple of weeks ago (my eyesight is not good for the distance to the mirror at that spot so I hadn't noticed it before...plus when I put on makeup and LOOK in the mirror, I have my glasses off).  I started looking at pictures of skin cancer on the internet, saw 56 pictures, none looked exactly like mine, which was a relief, but still, it met the three qualifiers, rapid growth, asymmetrical, dark spots.  I called and made an appointment with the doctor in spite of learning I'd have to pay for the biopsy and removal out of pocket.  I knew I couldn't take chances, not with my life.

I go in yesterday, the doctor's office had just sold, it's about 55 miles away, I had to fill out a ton of paperwork because they haven't uploaded anyone's info to their new computer system, they're basically starting from scratch except for the doctor's memory.  I finally get into the room, have to have my height, weight, blood pressure, heartbeat, lungs listened to (what has all that got to do with a mole?), the doctor walks in, takes one look at it and announces, BENIGN!  Music to my ears!  I was skipping on clouds the rest of the day!  Yay!  (Can't wait for Medicare, 3 1/2 more months!)

• Upvote 7

Great news, Kay! I went in to the doc yesterday for ski things, also.  On face, around waist and on chest.  AND generally itchiness. He said mine were ok, also.  Switched blood pressure med and gave me ointment and pills for itch.  Now we are ready for the next challenge.

• Upvote 6

It's so good to wake up to some positive news.  Good for you Kay and Gin and everyone else who brings us good news during these rough times. I'm with Marg when it comes to seeing all the pictures we share.  Let's all have a good weekend. 

happy dance.jpg

• Upvote 4

Gin, great news!  Yep, ready or not, here we come! :D

• Upvote 1

Kay and Gin, it's great to get worrying health issues cleared. Good news for you both.

I completed my first full week back at work in my new job. I've felt pleasantly tired - the sort of tiredness you get from having achieved something. I also feel that I've earned my down time this weekend. It's one weight off my mind, feeling useful again.

• Upvote 4

Kaybee,

The first week is always a little nerve-wracking, having to learn how everything is, a little unsure of how you fit in, but with that behind you, should be smoother sailing from here on out!  I'm glad you have a job and can enjoy your weekend now!

• Upvote 2

Try the original Atlas link, then scroll through to find the posted pictures...

Kay and Gin, so glad for your good news. I too, had some this week as well. About 4 weeks ago I had blood appear in my urine, and it took a month to get in to see my urologist. Got in there a couple days ago, had sonogram, CT scan of the kidneys, and a cystoscopy (you do NOT want to go there). All came back negative. I previously had blood occasionally show microscopically all my life, but never visible until now. Doc says we'll just keep an eye on it.

I had not been reading this thread for some reason (guess I didn't think there could be positives for a long time), but I will pay attention going forward.

• Upvote 3