Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Looking For The Positives

My huge positive for yesterday:
Left at 6 am to take Kodie to the vet in Eugene, stopping on the way at a rest area for him to sniff/poop/pee, first in line at the vet at 8 am when they opened...surgery day. He cried when I left, he saw the cone, remembered last time. :( I spent the time buying a toy for him like I did last time.  About 10:30 I checked back with them and she checked with the back, the surgeon had just seen him...here came her assistant with Kodie happy go lucky, bounding in, no cone on!  He looked SO HAPPY!  She had an $18.50 tube of ointment...for allergies!  The surgeon had also thought inverted eye by the photo I'd sent but when she examined him, no sign of inversion!  We were beyond ecstatic!

Ecstasy short lived as my voice was shot, feeling worse and worse throughout my day, today coughing up green stuff and no voice or energy, no taste buds either.  Finally hit hard with the stuff Iris exposed me to a week ago Tuesday. Canceled my son and granddaughter coming.  I feel like death not warmed over.

Last night computer issues between Facebook and Chrome and since all of my Diabetic bookmarks are on Chrome I need them to work together. Neighbor helped me through Mozilla chat, now all my settings are messed up but finally have chat working again.  What a day!  Today I don't plan on doing too much, will summon strength to walk Kodie in, maybe bring a wheelbarrow full of wood to the patio.  Will take him to Jazzy's for playdate while I die on the patio.  Can't even face coffee, drinking tea today.

On 12/5/2023 at 2:54 PM, kevin said:

Went to tree lighting.  It was courageous 

IMG_1567.jpeg

IMG_1566.jpeg

IMG_1565.jpeg

Gorgeous, Kevin!  I'm jealous!  No Christmas for me this year.  My son was going to help me put up a tree.  :(  

• Like 1

Hope you get to feeling better.  Y'all have some cold days, but I guess that makes Christmas.  Sounds like you needed to stop off at an urgent care to at least get meds.  Stay 25 feet away from Iris.  She sounds as self-absorbed as the friend of Gwen's.  Sure wish we could get word to her that we miss her.  Haven't put up Christmas.  Went to see my cousin.  Long time.  He has had strokes, broken hip they don't dare do surgery on.  He stood from his wheelchair to hug me.  Still looks like the little boy of so many years ago.  He is a year or so older than I am.  Still has his dark hair.  Billy's last sister passed away in NM.  Her husband passed less than a month ago. Seems very sad season, but I thought of Billy welcoming her to Heaven.  I almost could see it.  

• Like 1

Thank you Marty and Marg, it just keeps getting worse.  It snowed last night.  Pretty, Kodie will like it. First shoveling of the season, thankfully not much.

• Like 2

I have the largest patio of any of the apartments.  I never go out there.  It is covered with a privacy fence I can only see over by standing on tip-toes.  Going to look for my Rosemary small "tree" to put on the table.  We get a new tree every year.  I am going to put outside lights all along the top of the fence and ordered the Grinch below.  The fence looks like what he is "climbing over" and probably won't stay long as people are prone to steal things, if they like them, from private yards, automobiles, etc.  It is teenagers and I live in a "safe" part of town.  Does not matter though. I'm more like my grandma, no small children around, Billy was our child at Christmas, and I hate presents.  I am going to take shadow boxes and put the fishing flies that he would sit and make as a hobby to each relative.  I only like lotions as a gift, and Kelli already gave me a pair of Sketchers slip on's.  Brianna is with her boyfriend and his family more than here, but she is 24, so she is flying the coop.  I feel empty nest syndrome all over again.   

grinch.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, it doesn't seem possible she is 24!  Seems yesterday she was 16.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kevin! Are you a secret Santa?  lol

Just kidding, but you are the only Canadian I know and my grandson found a crumpled Canadian $10 bill on the sidewalk in front of our house today. A real mystery. Arizona is a far piece from the Canadian border. It must have fallen of Santa's sleigh on a practice run.

• Like 3

And Merry Christmas to the two of you!

• Like 1