Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Looking For The Positives

Kevin,

That must have been some kind of sermon!  It's true, our focus and attitude do make all the difference in the world.  Although it doesn't change the fact our loved one is gone, it does quite a metamorphosis on how we live with it.  One of the things I've learned in my walk is to focus on what IS rather than merely what ISN'T (I know, you've probably heard me say that a lot).  We don't need any help remembering their gone and how it's affected our lives, but we do need to expend effort in remembering what is here, being mindful, living in the present in a grateful appreciative way.  Otherwise our grief obliterates all that IS and we miss it!  

Love it.  On my way home yesterday I saw a most beautiful garden.............with a very high electric fence around it.  They ate everything where we lived in AR.  We had four in our backyard at morning and evening.  New babies all the time.

Oh Kevin,

Thank you for sharing that, I love deer, and especially the fawns!  My squirrels would have a heyday with your cones!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Your son and DIL must be beyond happy to have this little bundle of joy coming home with them and I know that'll mean many Gracie visits for you! :)

• Like 1

This is a great bit positive, Butch!  It's going to be great for him and his parents!

• Like 2

Your right, hair is lighter, eyes bluish green?.....Crawling lessons paid off....I have a bad Hip(second one), and my left side is doing most of the work, brace helps knee...Scheduled to see surgeon next week...Expect Surgery in November  and recovery all Winter...

• Like 1

Beautiful view of the mountains, it looks like you're in Antarctica though!  Your grandbaby is precious!  I get to see mine this weekend!!

• Like 2

Last night my son and granddaughter came here with their dog (not the one that fights with Arlie).  I'm loving every minute with Ceci, also learning how old I am! :D  They're staying until Monday.

• Like 4

They went home yesterday instead as he didn't have to work on the Baja, he was able to get it running and it made a liar out of me. :)  He has some things to do to it but it'll wait until he gets it home and has the time.
I had a wonderful time with my granddaughter, it is a memory I will always carry with me.  So stinkin' adorable!  And of course it's wonderful to see my son too, we always lived together easily and it was nice having them there.  Arlie had a great time with Mozzy, the only one not happy was Kitty...she fled and stayed away while they were there but came back as soon as they left.
Lots of smoke the last 5-6 weeks, I woke myself up coughing this morning, surrounded by fires in every direction.  This is the worst year for them.

• Like 2

Our air quality went from hazardous to moderate, will become more unhealthy again in a couple of days but I'll take this brief reprieve.  Praying for all those facing evacuations due to hurricanes and fires.

• Like 1

I'm hoping brat2 made it out of Florida.  Saw pics of the airports and everything was a mess.  She didn't know when she would have access to a computer, but promised to email or call when she could.  Her biggest concern is what she will come home to.  

Marty, glad you aren't in the direct path.  Stay safe anyway!

• Like 1

Sarasota FL was also under evacuation, haven't seen anything from Marty since, concerned about her too.

• Like 1