Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Another Loss For My Family-Don't Know If I Can Handle Any More

LisaAnnB

My family has suffered another sad death this week: my 62 year old cousin passed away yesterday from mestatic breast cancer-her 3rd fight with breast cancer. It's so sad because of how hard she fought to beat it 3 times. We come from a very large clan & her family are all like siblings to my family. Friday I had called her sister to tell her I'd be up this coming Saturday to bring a shoe box of photos of their family & our other cousins, I'd found while sorting all Mom & Dad's so her & her sister & other family could enjoy them while Denise was still alive. She said Denise had been having some pretty decent days even with hospice coming in every day & that they'd look forward to seeing the photos. Guess now we can look at them after the funeral.

A bit surreal is that her funeral is Friday-exactly 3 months after my Dad died. It's going to be a really tough day & I don't know exactly how to deal with all these different emotions. Was just getting a grip on Dad's death but I have a tough time on many Fridays [THE day, not the date] as it is. I know Dad & the rest of our angel family were there to greet her. My parents were her God parents & Mom is taking this very hard too; she's in Houston with some of my sisters & can't get back so another sister, a brother & I will be representing our family.

OH & we also got the news that my Mom's last living sister in law is in critical condition after a fall this week & it's not looking good.

Oh & on Valentine's Day we get to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of my best friend's death. I'll actually be travelling to Kansas City with 20 friends & former co-worker to send up gold crown balloons in front of the Hallmark Crown Center to celebrate her life & how we all met [working for Hallmark corporate].

Thought 2013 was going to be better & not filled with death.

I'm sorry you're taking another hit. I don't know why it seems to come in bunches sometimes, but I have a friend going through this too, lost three people dear to her within a month. It's just very hard, try to hang in there, it won't continue like this indefinitely but I'm sure it feels that way right now. (((hugs)))

It's hard when it piles up. I lost my aunt, cousin, and brother all in one month. My other aunt is 90 and feeble. I just turned 60 last week and am feeling very morbid about death, my own and that of loved ones. Maybe because my brother's recent death at 44 is a reminder that we never know how long anyone will live. Feeling very depressed today. At five months, I have more good days, but still have these very black days, and probably will for a long time, just not as frequent.

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry I hadn't noticed you'd written again. My thoughts are certainly with you, I know this is a really hard for you. (((hugs)))