Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Wedding Anniversary

Mike and I would have been married 23 years today. He died just a few months before our 20th anniversary. When we married, there were many who thought we would not make it even one year, guess we sure showed them.........We came from very different backgrounds, and I guess some just thought it would not work. It worked!! Missing him a lot today, but then I do that every day. Some friends and I are going to the Walden Arts Center in Fayetteville this evening to see "Anything Goes", and eat at the Hogs Head right across the street. Will be a good day, he would have enjoyed it a lot. Wish he was here to go with us.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Oh, Mary, a special day to remember your wonderful life together. I do know how you must be missing him today as you relive that wonderful moment that was the beginning of those 20 years together. Sending thoughts...Mary

Mary, Happy Anniversary, I know he'll be in your thoughts all day today.

I understand, some were concerned about George and I too...we figured they'd see what we had together after we'd been married 20 years...we didn't get to, of course, but they saw anyway even in the short time we got together. I'm glad my kids got to see what real love looks like so they could have a pattern for themselves, they've both done with with their selection of their mates.

My Celene left just aa few weeks before our anniversary, friends and family thought we were not ment to last. Perhaps there is a pattern. I recall the first anniversary without her was so numbing, the second one I made it special for the memory of our life we shared. Mary, I hope you had great memories of Mike on your anniversary day.

Anthony

Dear Mary,

I am late in honoring your anniversary, but I send wishes for wonderful memories and that you will always feel Mike's love in your heart.

I'm coming up on our anniversary May 19th, which was also Doug's birthday. We, too, came from very different backgrounds in many ways. I was an academic who climbed, and Doug was a climber who thought and wrote. We laughed about it, and how people who had known us before each other would be so puzzled at "us".

It almost seems to be a theme with soul mates: we may not look like a match, but our hearts and spirits fit ever so perfectly. :)

Blessings and joy, peace and continuing love on your journey.

*<twinkles>*

fae

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. It turned out to be a good day, I missed Mike very much, but I was with friends, and it turned into a good day.

Today is a sad day for my friend Dana, her husband died unexpectedly 4 years ago today. Our little support group, Dana, Tom and myself, are getting together today at Tom mountain house (as opposed to his house in town). We are going to the cemetary to drink a toast to Morris, then are spending the night at Toms, probably a little drinking and eating going on, as well as memories. Tom and Morris's sons were in boy scouts together, and Tom and Morris worked with the boy scouts together. They were good friends. All of us knew each others spouses, and all six of us were friends, now there are only the three of us left. It will be a special evening. Tom is coming to pick me up just after lunch, and Dana will meet us there. She just lives down the road from Tom's mountain house. Having these two in my life has made my journey a little bit easier, Dana calls Tom and I her Brother and Sister of her heart.

Again, thank you for the kind words. I wish Mike were here so very very much, but I am blessed in what I do have, a caring family, and my two friends who understand perfectly how I feel....and you guys.

Thanks

Mary (Queeniemary) in Aransas

Thinking of all of you today...Mary

I am so sorry for your friend...we all wish this never happened to others. Your positive spirit is inspiring and I'm glad you had a good day.