Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Music That Soothes Me

enna

Beautiful!

Are you home yet?

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Oh Anne. "Bring Him Home" always, always leaves me in a puddle of tears. Hearing (and watching) Josh Groban sing it is beyond amazing. Thank you for sharing. (I first heard this song while attending a performance of  Les Misérables on stage when I lived in Boston many years ago, and I vividly remember how it touched me so deeply at the time. It does the same thing to me whenever I hear it now. I am still weeping!)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Listening to some of my favorite songs by Alan Pedersen as I remember my three siblings who have died (all from cancer) and are spending their time with my mama and dad. I believe that love will bring us back together one day. It is important to me to talk about those I love who are no longer with me in the physical sense.  

• Upvote 2

Before I set out on my new driving adventures, I burned a CD with songs that helped keep Mark close.  Some were songs we had shared together; some were songs that he shared with me...some were new ones that bring him to mind whenever I hear them.  It gives me comfort as I start out every morning.  I also have his jacket sitting in the passenger seat, and his sunglasses on my visor, over my head.  I haven't really let myself think about how significant this step is, and all the things it represents. Most people would not see it as such a big deal....EVERYONE drives a car.  But it marks a HUGE leap in my journey.  If I had never met Mark, I probably would not have taken this step.  I believe he knows.  I try not to focus on his absence, but there are times and events that make it so very present.  Music has always been a thing for me...it keeps the journey moving; it helps to give fullness to whatever I am feeling at that moment.  

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So beautiful . . .

"Look for Me in Rainbows" by Vicki Brown

Although not well-known in either the United States nor the United Kingdom, Vicki Brown’s beautiful “Look for Me in Rainbows” is a popular funeral song among the Dutch. And it’s certainly easy to see why. The lyrics are simple yet deeply moving: a tribute both to the anguish of saying goodbye and the enduring power of love. Sung in Brown’s lilting soprano, the song begins:

“Time for me to go now, I won’t say goodbye;

Look for me in rainbows, way up in the sky.

In the morning sunrise when all the world is new,

Just look for me and love me, as you know I loved you.”

Read on and listen here >>>

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the wonderful music! When I am starting to feel down about my loss, my favorite song to listen to is "See You Again." It is from a recent movie Furious 7. This song really opens me up to the fact that I will one day see them again, they are not gone forever. Another song I tend to listen to is Hallelujah by Penatonix. Both are wonderful songs that help me get through the tough times.  

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

To all my friends in the states, I send Thanksgiving Blessings. To those who are not in the states Thanksgiving is an important holiday for us and I hope you like this song of Thanksgiving. It is a favorite of mine. 

• Like 2

On ‎20‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 1:12 PM, enna said:

To all my friends in the states, I send Thanksgiving Blessings. To those who are not in the states Thanksgiving is an important holiday for us and I hope you like this song of Thanksgiving. It is a favorite of mine. 

For my dear Anne...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGIw60UKiKw

Thank you for being always here for me...

5a1489be992e8_Inlove22.gif.c040e9ef01cbd5fda06563782fe71dd0.gif

With love Janka

:wub:  Janka. I like the music you select. I hope you are well. I keep you in thought as you go through your grief journey. I'm glad to see you here at Tools for Healing. 

Anne 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To all those who find themselves here tonight my wish for you is to have a blessed holiday.  However, you may be celebrating I hope you find love and peace as you move through the old year to a new year. We gather here among kindred spirits who know the pain of loss. We stand silent knowing that words give us only a temporary reprieve.  Simple gifts help us live this new life that none of us asked for.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...