Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Funnies: Things That Make Us Laugh

MartyT

I have a stamp that says, "Bah Humbug" but I've never had the nerve to use it. I should have used it this year. I bought a die of the Grinch (I've always loved the cartoon "The Grinch"), maybe one of these years I'll have the nerve to use them on my Christmas cards. :)

• 1 month later...

Haha, reminds me of the video I posted yesterday! :)

• 1 month later...

:D

• 2 weeks later...

We needed that.

Amen, Kay.

I hope you are well. I worked on cleaning around the pond today, and also got a lot of paperwork done. I am seeing an EMDR practitioner Friday as a part of my trauma healing. I am really getting focused and assertive about this! Our Bill's Mary has inspired me with the information she has been sharing with me, most of which I did not know.

We are so remarkably blessed to have been led to this wonderful healing place of so many Angels. I mean you, and pretty much everyone here. What an amazing place for healing this is. I am just in awe. Thank you Marty!

*<twinkles>*

fae

"My vulnerability, the sharing of my scarred heart and battered soul, is the greatest gift I can give you. For in my quiet courage to share the real and often-broken truth of me, you may find your own. Then neither of us is alone nor are we afraid because there is strength in our shared frailties." ~ Robin Korth, Soul on the Run

I hope the EMDR works for you, fae. I haven't known anyone who's tried it, I hope you'll keep us appraised.

(You don't have to be Catholic to appreciate this one)

A man suffered a serious heart attack while shopping in a store.
The store clerk called 911 when they saw him collapse to the floor.
The paramedics rushed the man to the nearest hospital where he had emergency open heart bypass surgery.
He awakened from the surgery to find himself in the care of nuns at the Catholic Hospital.
A nun was seated next to his bed holding a clipboard loaded with several forms, and a pen.
She asked him how he was going to pay for his treatment. "Do you have health insurance?" she asked.
He replied in a raspy voice, "No health insurance."
The nun asked, "Do you have money in the bank?"
He replied, "No money in the bank."
Do you have a relative who could help you with the payments?" asked the irritated nun.
He said, "I only have a spinster sister, and she is a nun."
The nun became agitated and announced loudly, "Nuns are not spinsters!
Nuns are married to God."
The patient replied, "Perfect. Send the bill to my brother-in-law."

;)

Haha, I like that!

post-914-0-42810100-1428007583_thumb.jpg

Wonderful! That is hilariously funny.

I was doing some typesetting, and this font got carried over here somehow.

Oh, rats! It disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared. C'est dommage!

Haha, I like that!

attachicon.gifROFL.jpg

OKAY, one more rabbit and egg funny before I have to get ready for dinner at my house (something's smelling good). Oh my, people will be here in another hour. This is for all you therapists out there ~ ALL of us.

post-15704-0-23451200-1428270961_thumb.j

Anne, you find the best stuff! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some of us there.

Subject: Car Keys- PRICELESS!!

They weren't in my pockets. Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My husband has scolded me many times for leaving my keys in the car's ignition. He's afraid that the car could be stolen. As I looked around the parking lot, I realized he was right. The parking lot was empty. I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car and that it had been stolen.

Then I made the most difficult call of all to my husband: "I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen."

There was a moment of silence. I thought the call had been disconnected, but then I heard his voice. "Are you kidding me?" he barked, "I dropped you off!"

Now it was my turn to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."

He retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop that I didn't steal your damn car!"

Welcome to the golden years...