Grief Healing Discussion Groups

The Launch Of The "new Personal Growth And Grief Support Center&#3

enna

How fitting that today on the 4th year anniversary of our Mary’s Bill’s death that she opened a new grief healing website that will add to the already important work she is doing here at our grief healing discussion groups site as a moderator and counselor along with Marty Tousley, the founder of this very helpful discussion site.

Thank you for this new site, Mary. Those who go to it will find many healing pieces of information to assist us on our journeys.

Mary, we are holding you in our hearts today as always.

To Anne, and all 0thank you for your loving words. I am having a quiet day remembering, being grateful, and honoring.

To Bill

May there be some beautiful surprise
Waiting for you inside death
Something you never knew or felt,
Which with one simple touch
Absolves you of all loneliness and loss,
As you quicken within the embrace
For which your soul was eternally made.

May your heart be speechless
At the sight of the truth
Of all your belief had hoped,
Your heart breathless
In the light and lightness
Where each and every thing
Is at last its true self
Within that serene belonging
That dwells beside us
On the other side
Of what we see.

By John O'Donohue

I've copied that poem. It fits my feelings about my beloved Pete. Our love transcends death, Mary. Though I'm not a Christian (don't know what I am) I truly believe that. The love that you and Bill had for each other and that my Pete and I had for each other is still very alive. I hope you are finding good comfort in your memories today. Jan

Dear Mary,

Congratulations on taking this big step to on your journey of walking back into more active interaction with the world as you continue to heal and be held, with Bill's love and inspiration.

How wonderful that you are opening yourself up to offering the gift of your wisdom to more people. With your wonderful heart and wisdom, you bring great gifts to us all here, and now to even more people.

What a fitting way to celebrate the love and lovingkindness you and Bill shared! What a perfect tribute to your love and the compassion both of you have brought to healing others. A beautiful and wonderful offering from your spirits. Thank you.

I am off to explore your new site. Congratulations!

*<twinkles>*

fae

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Anne.

I think this is such a great video. The presentation is given my Louie Schwartzberg, a time lapse photographer, and it so fits what Mary posted on her blog last week about metamorphosis. How many of us really do think about pollination and the consequences if it didn't happen. In my book, he is a marvel.

Oh, I think these articles have to be shared. Our Bill's Mary has written another article titled: "Walking With Those Who Grieve" that can be found on her new website, Personal Growth and Grief Support Center. A topic that we need to address over and over again. The links following the article are well worth the time. Again, thank you for this wonder site, Mary. It is sure to help many who are grieving.

http://www.personalgrowthandgriefsupportcenter.com/reflections

Anne, thank you so much for inviting people to read my blog. Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Such a meaningful article today on our Mary's blog ~ this article touches on secondary loss of a spouse and reminds us that these "triggers" may come and are normal.

Thank you, Mary, for yet another 'tool' for our healing.

http://personalgrowthandgriefsupportcenter.com/1/post/2014/04/the-fog-lifts-only-to-reveal-secondary-losses.html?

Thank you, Anne...and now the links to resources even work. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Another beautiful and insightful reflection from Bill's Mary in her blog this week from her Personal Growth and Support Center:

Words of wisdom as I approach the 2nd year anniversary of my Jim's death. I have not found a word for this loss either and probably will not in this lifetime.

http://personalgrowthandgriefsupportcenter.com/1/post/2014/05/is-there-a-word-for-it.html

• 2 weeks later...

June 1, 2014

Grief's journey needs persistence ~ how else is there to say it? Some insightful questions to reflect upon as you read through this reflection. Thank you, Mary.

http://www.personalg...eflections.html

Thank you, Fae. It happens sometimes that the link does not work. This is a good one this week.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I posted this a few days ago but I guess I didn't. This is such a good read from Mary's 'Personal Growth and Grief' site that I wanted everyone who reads here not to miss it. Anniversaries have such special memories for us ~ thank you, Mary, for yet another great read.

http://personalgrowthandgriefsupportcenter.com/1/post/2014/06/a-special-dayalone.html

Another thoughtful article ~ food for thought. Thank you , Mary.

A question she asks: "What do you do to comfort yourself and heal your grief?" This I did not do in the first months but I now can say that I allow my tears to flow, I try to practice kindness and I work on my grief journey daily.

http://www.personalgrowthandgriefsupportcenter.com/reflections.html

Thank you, Anne!

• 2 weeks later...

What a perfect topic for Mary's Blog today ~ "Patience". As we all move through our own grief over the loss of a loved one it is good to reflect on our own patience. I so could relate to this topic today as I remember all the need for 'patient times' I found myself in while caring for my Jim and then my Benji. Patience seemed easier then than it does now. A question I'll always have is how does one practice patience with our grief when our losses are so great? I would like to wake up one day soon and be united with all those who have touched my life but for now I too have to be patient.

http://personalgrowthandgriefsupportcenter.com/1/post/2014/07/patience.html

Thank you Mary.

As I read your wonderful piece on Patience, all I could think of were those days when I thought I could not go on, and I would reach deep into myself and remember that I loved Doug,and that I needed patience and strength so that I could keep manifesting that love to him as he was preparing to leave. Sometimes it was tough. I agree with Anne that patience was easier then than now.

Now, these days, I feel as though I am waiting for my life to start up again, that everything is on hold, that even all the steps I am taking to try to build a new life are merely the motions and gestures of a person who is hoping that her life will open up and begin to hold more of those gifts we associate with life—joy, contentment, happiness, happy expectation, dreaming of future days, planning for future days, and most of all, that life will open up and hold more of the delight of love flowing through my being, making my heart shine again. Sometimes I have glimpses and hints of this new life, and that keeps me going. But it takes more patience now than it did when life at least held the purpose of caring for Doug.

These days, I am slowly learning to care for and honor my own life and body again, and still live with and carry the grief. What a journey!

Thank you Mary, for your wise words.

namaste,

fae

• 4 weeks later...