MartyT

Articles Worth Reading

488 posts in this topic

Dear Marty

Thank you so much for sharing this!  I resonate!  I feel so lonely at times because I like to talk about the benefits of my losses but it is usually greeted with " the subject being changed " I believe that to be one of my strengths to always see the positive in anything that I have experienced in life, sometimes not right away, but I always find it.  I needed this tonight! 

Thanks again!

Blessings, Carol Ann

I so agree!  I'm hesitant to mention it sometimes because other grievers can't see any good coming from loss...indeed it's not possible to see in the beginning and we all have a different time table so one person might see it at five years, another might never see it.

Dear Ones, I understand. You may want to check out the other posts on Mark Hendricks's blog, Grieve Well, and learn of his experiences on other online forums, as other mourners reacted to his particular approach to grief. 

I only found two comments, one of which was yours.

Thanks, that's a good article, I've found that experience as well.  I'm keeping that article!

Stupid Things People Say About Grief. . .

http://widowersgrief.blogspot.com/  

I am sure these ideas have been expressed somewhere on the forum but this is too good not to share.  

https://tealashes.com/2017/03/30/how-to-help-after-a-death/  

I have someone who is going through this right now with their loved one's impending death, I sent the article for her so she can know what they'll be facing, the kinds of things to talk about with family.  Thank you, it's an exhaustive list.

This from Christina Rasmussen:

The Long Game After Loss

May 26, 2017 

I am writing to you from eleven years post-loss.

Eleven years of growing, writing, becoming and witnessing what showed up on my path here.

At first, the witnessing was just for me so I could re-enter but around year four or five it became ‘witnessing for you’ so I could help you re-enter.

These letters I write to you every week are from the future and they are sent back to you so you could find your way.

This specific letter is about helping you have patience and persistence as you go forth.

This journey is long my darling and I wish it wasn’t.

Not only for your healing but for the new life you want for yourself.

I hear your life calling you from so far away.

And sometimes it is hard to hear it.

But the voice will get louder and you will be able to hear it every single day.

You must know this.

You mustn’t give up.

Read on here >>>

10 hours ago, MartyT said:

This from Christina Rasmussen:

The Long Game After Loss

May 26, 2017 

I am writing to you from eleven years post-loss.

Eleven years of growing, writing, becoming and witnessing what showed up on my path here.

At first, the witnessing was just for me so I could re-enter but around year four or five it became ‘witnessing for you’ so I could help you re-enter.

These letters I write to you every week are from the future and they are sent back to you so you could find your way.

This specific letter is about helping you have patience and persistence as you go forth.

This journey is long my darling and I wish it wasn’t.

Not only for your healing but for the new life you want for yourself.

I hear your life calling you from so far away.

And sometimes it is hard to hear it.

But the voice will get louder and you will be able to hear it every single day.

You must know this.

You mustn’t give up.

Read on here >>>

I hope every person who grieves will see this and remember.  It is spot on.  I want to save a copy for myself and every new grieving person.  Thanks, MartyT for sharing this!  :)