Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Today Is The Best Day Of My Mom's Life

What a great family picture...as Marty said...a treasure....and many smiling faces.

My beautiful daughter is on the left (turquoise top, black skirt) and my son and his wife are mostly hidden in the back, all you can see of them is their noses on up! My son in law is next to my daughter, behind me.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family Kay. I'm so sorry for your loss though from what it sounds like your Mom is where she wanted to be.

Butch (and Mary. I told her about your loss and of course she remembers you and many here.).

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really comforting post because its so true. My dad had told me he was ready to go a week before he passed and I told him that if he needed to, he could. I know he hung on for me, and he even waited for me to get to the hospital but he is finally free of that God awful body! He is up there having fun while I have to stay here and deal with all these mean people and illnesses lol He finally gets to see his parents again and now he gets to be with me everywhere I go, something he couldnt have done.

And to be honest, I resented my dad for awhile and I know thats why Im so guilty. I dont even remember the initial reason but it was just because I was hurt. But once he was deemed terminal and then given 6 mos to live, I was able to apologize and really see my dad for who he was and that was the great things of all. He used to be very controlling and got a little too angry sometimes but he was a kind heart. Sometimes he made me feel really upset but I know he loved me and thats all that I care about.

Thanks for this post :')

You're welcome! :) One thing I've noticed from the posts here is that our relationships are often complicated...few of us had ideal/perfect situations with our parents because we're all imperfect beings, but in the end, for the most part, things are settled and we got a chance to love and understand them for who they were, not just as our parents. It's true, they are in a better place while we're the ones left here "going through it". But we'll make it through everything, just as they did.