Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Our Moderator Mary Friedel-Hunt Earns Bereavement Certification

MartyT

Special Announcement from MISS Foundation

Meet Compassionate Bereavement Care Certified Provider (certification.missfoundation.org ), Mary Friedel-Hunt:

Mary Friedel-Hunt, MA LCSW is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in private practice in Spring Green, Wisconsin.
With a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology, Mary also has many hours towards a Psy.D (Doctor of Psychology)
and is Certified in Wellness from Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Massachusetts.
After 14 years of teaching, Mary began her years as a therapist (1976-1984) at Guardian Angel Home in Joliet IL
where she was also Director of Residential Services and founder and therapist in their Outpatient program.
During her many years of practice Mary has walked with many bereaved people of all ages
and has made bereavement counseling her primary focus.
Mary writes a column (Living Well, Dying Well) for Voice of the River Valley,
a local publication she and her husband founded.
In addition to her practice, Mary makes herself available in her village
to those seeking information about end of life issues, loss, grief and bereavement.
Mary has grieved the loss of many people in her years including her parents and several very close friends and relatives.
Her most difficult and painful challenge is the loss of her husband Bill (also her colleague: Dr. William O. Hunt PhD) in 2010.

You can reach Mary at mfriedelhunt@charter.net

10606572_10152432540298753_3576402520678

Please join me in offering our dear Mary our warmest congratulations upon earning this professional distinction!

Congratulations to you, Mary. So many of us know what a very special person you are. Thank you for being here around our fire and walking our journeys with us. I am better for having known you and I am grateful for that.

Anne

Thank you, Marty and thank you, Anne. I feel privileged to be a part of this group of compassionate professionals.

I just now saw this.

Mary, congratulations on your recognition for your exemplary healing talents. Your wisdom, insights, and compassionate mirroring here around our fire are a key component of my healing journey. Thank you for all you give to us here, and to the world. I feel very blessed to be sharing this journey with you.

namaste,

fae

Dear fae, I thank you for your kind words. I am humbled by them. Your own wisdom, insights and compassion are gifts to all of us around this fire. We are blessed by your presence as we are by all here. Thank you. Mary

Mary, what a wonderful introduction to the special person that is you. I am so grateful to have met you through this site, although very sad at the reason we are both here. We are so lucky to have you and I am very happy to be able to say that you are my friend. Perhaps someday we will find ourselves in a position to meet! Thank you for being the caring and insightful person we all know.

QMary

Thank you, Mary. Wouldn't it be fun to meet you and so many others. And yes, the reason that brought us all together will always linger in our hearts. As I type this the leaves on my beautiful maple tree are drifting to the earth reminding me of Bill's last autumn when I stood in my kitchen watching this happen reminding me of the losses he was experiencing each day. This circle has certainly made the journey through our grief easier for so many.

1901347_10205182407064936_76816320905704

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations, Mary! I'm a little late but just ran across this. We already know you to be "certified" in OUR books, but it helps to have the paper that proves it! We're so thankful to have you here, and as fae would say, around our fire.

Thank you Kay. I appreciate your words and thoughts.

I saw that the pain is gone and you see the MD tomorrow. Is that still accurate?

I just saw this...I saw the doctor. It could be any of about a dozen things. She's requested auth. from the ins. co. for an ultrasound and wants me to get some blood tests. Waiting for an appt...