Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lost My Dad Just Before Christmas

It was sudden, he had a massive heart attack.

It seems I am stuck in this black hole, where I can't accept he is gone.

He was the most loving father, kind person and the person everyone relied on.

Others are grieving him, but as his only daughter people expect me to help them through their grief.

My mother left us when I was a child so he was both my mother and my father.

Does this ever get to a point where you can ever cope?

thank you all penelope

sharirouse has been through a similar situation, I'd have to say she is coping with it. You don't say how old you are, but I think it's harder the younger you are because the more likely your life is intertwined.

Shari is 21 I think, so I think she's done a good job dealing with her grief.

When did you lose your dad?

I am sorry you are missing your dad. I was a daddy's girl and lost my dad when I was expecting my first child, I know the hole it leaves in your heart. (((hugs)))

Dear kayc,

Thank you for your kind response.

Am 35, my dad died on the 16th December last year. It was sudden and my brain can't deal with him not being here.

Our lives were intertwined in every way as he was both parents and he gave me a *rich* life in terms of education and exploration of all aspects of life.

hugs to you kayc

penelope

I can relate as I was just 29 when my dad passed. I hope you'll take some time to read sharirouse' threads/posts, it might be of some help to you. I wish you the best in your grief journey and hope you'll continue to come here and post.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you are all well and the support here is lovely....thank you so very much.

Did my dad's service on Greek orthodox good friday........flew from London to the island he is buried on.

Thought I was prepared, and my family was just wonderful.

Since returning to London it has been so *dark* not getting his calls every morning.

Was a daddy's girl and it was always the two of us having fun and adventures.

He was loved by many people and just when I thought I knew everything possible so many people came to tell me what he had done for them in all manner.

My father was my treasure and these are dark days.

I too was a daddy's girl...having lost him at just 29 I felt I had to be grown up and just continue without him but so many times in my life I've wished he was here to know my kids, and for them to know him. I wish he could have been there when my son was Valedictorian, or when he graduated from AF Boot Camp with special honors, or when he was the commencement speaker in college. I wish he could have known my daughter, he would have fallen in love with her dimples and personality. I don't think we ever stop missing them, no matter how much time passes.