Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Can't Find Words For This

I came here. Now words escape me. I have questions. I have guilt. I have failed my wife.

Also today is a special day...

April 30th is a very special day.

Yet I'm failing my wife. I can't find the words.

:(

Butch

You have failed no one Butch. You are simply "A grieving person". When the time is right, you will share and you will learn, and one day you will find yourself alive again. I can't tell you how. I can just say you will. The words will come.

We all "get it" here.

I am bereaved for 17 months now. My partner was chronically ill for ten years before that. I have guilt I didn't do enough, didn't see he was dying, guilt for being relieved the long siege of illness is over.....and yes, I find this is the path to healing. I am SO sorry all this pain is moving through your heart, I know how awful it is....and it distorts all the love and care of your partnership, too. Grief is heartless and it lies. Keep bringing it here and letting it out so others can love you through this until you love yourself enough. It does happen and no nothing about it is easy. YOU are doing great and we are never alone. Many blessings and much love, Butch. You deserve it.

You are too hard on yourself, you have not failed her! Would Mary want you feeling like this? What would she tell you? Try writing down her response to you, then read it through a few times. What is her message to you in this?

Butch,

My heart goes out to you. I understand your anguish. I hope that you find some peace. Until then, the advice that has helped me most it just to breathe. When things seem most overwhelming, taking deep breaths makes the difference.