Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Courage

lightdancer

My word for this time in my life is "courage." It takes so much of it to live each day. Courage is not the absence of pain, but the ability to recognize it and allow it to flow as profoundly as it needs to.

Every day seems to be an act of courage. Get up, move forward. Just put one foot in front of the other. That is enough for now. In time courage begets courage and grows strong and fierce. Fear begins to cower in its presence and pain never needs to hide.

Courage is really trust. At times I wanted to lay on the couch and stare at the ceiling all day or allow myself to fall into the deepest darkest pit and sometimes that is what was needed, but courage will move out into the black not not knowing what is there or if it will lead you into any light at all. It just steps out because it trusts.
~But courage isn’t about being fearless—
it’s about feeling your fear and stepping out~

It's funny you should mention this. The definition is entirely correct! I'm on the Morning Worship Team in my church...yesterday one of our songs was "Be Strong and of Good Courage" and it keeps going through my head. So encouraging!