Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A Dialogue About Healing

lightdancer

As I was driving to my riding lesson I was thinking about healing and felt something was coming to me but I couldn't explain it. Then, a dialogue began and it was as if I was watching two actors on the stage. It was between a character named Grief and one named Life.

The experience began with Grief dominating, and Life being dormant. As time went on Life opened up a little crack, but Grief said, "NO, there is no place for you. This is too tragic."

Life said in a quiet voice, "I think I feel myself breathing again."

Grief responded, "How could you, you've lost everything."

As time went on and healers appeared the dialogue got stronger. Lifesaid,
"I want to live and breathe."

Life became passionate, I want you to stop hurting"

Grief responded,"I will never stop hurting, the loss is too profound, you need to let me bleed."

And Life said,
"You need to let me live."

And so the conversation continued. Life believing that living would never be possible with Grief around and Grief afraid that Life would push away the need to honor the profound loss. Life wanted to breathe and dance, Grief wanted to collapse and cry.

Soon Life and Grief faced each other, they dropped the tug-o-war rope. Life said, "it is ok for you to cry and hurt for the rest of your life."
Grief said, "it is ok for you to live."
And so they moved closer to each other. Life knew it did not have to wait for Grief to go away in order to live. Grief knew that it was ok to hurt while Life was opening up. Grief and Life embraced and locked hands and existed side by side.

I can't sit and wait for grief to end in order to start living. Grief does not have to go away in the presence of abundant life and growth. When the two can exist side by side, and it is not one or the other, well, that is healing.
  • Upvote 6

This is very true. Did you write this?

You have acquired a lot of wisdom on your journey. It is what I call one of the silver linings.

Hello,

Each of us is searching for hope, perhaps especially some of those new to grief. I'm speaking from my own desperate hope that I will live as I grieve, rather than die while I live.

Knowing that our spirit goes back to God who gave it, at the moment of death, gives me peace that my loved one will be safe and happy from the moment he exhales here on Earth and inhales in Heaven. I also know I will never be truly alone, for Jesus said that He will never leave me. Jesus created us to be social beings, and with a need for human relationships. He has and will provide whomever and whatever I need. I look to Him to heal my shattered heart ~ in time ~ and then someday, I'll join my loved one, and will myself be as happy as he himself.

Your writing is exceptional, and thank you for hope and encouragement.

Carrie

Dear LightDancer,
I am so very sorry that you have lost your Beloved Chloe. To love someone, and to dream all the possibilities of love will grow between us and our child, is a be a living part of the miracle of creation. To lose all those dreams, and yet to know that there will always be a place in your heart for Chloe, is to have the courage to let the healing happen. At some point on this journey, for each of us, we arrive at that place of balance where Faith rises above grief like a sunrise, and our hearts begin hear the music again. I lost twin boys many years ago. They are still very much in my heart.

I love your name. :) We are all LightDancers, each on our own wavelength, each with our own part in the Music of the Spheres. :) I am so very glad you have found your way here to join with us on this journey. And I know you come bearing gifts of Light. How very lovely! It is nice to read you here, among us.

Thank you for your beautiful Fable. Story. You are obviously a born story-teller. Brava! You bring the energy of your courage and Faith to your wordsmithing. Do you have anything published?

I love the richness that is shared here, all of us moving on this journey, each singing our own song—each with notes of joy, grief, love, hope, courage, compassion, wit, wisdom, fear and Faith. Our notes, notes that we give voice with every breath, every thought we have. Yes, we move toward that shift in balance, toward a time when we know we will see with more wisdom, more courage, more Faith, and more hope. In this constructing of a new perspective -- a new structure of thought and being on which to build our lives -- we discover how powerful, how beautiful, how creative, and how magnificent we are, all over again, from this new perspective of traveling a land never before visited.

Thank you, LightDancer, for joining us here around our healing fire, Marty's healing fire, and welcome. I am very glad you have found your way here. And I am very sorry for the reason your are on this journey. Blessings.

*<twinkles>*
feralfae

Dear feralfae,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful note and for extending compassion to me. There really is so much power and magnificence in this journey. I love the image of gathering around the "healing fire."

I began seeing an intuitive healer about 3 years ago. Quite out of the blue she said, "so you know you're going to write a book, right? I was puzzled but deep inside I felt that stirring. This summer I went to a grief intuitive weekend workshop. The leader who had known be only for one day, and knew nothing about the book idea said, "so where are you at with the book?" I knew, then, that it was time. I have been working on it this summer and often become a little overwhelmed and insecure about it all. But I feel like people are coming from nowhere and everywhere to take my hand and gently lead me toward this work. Thank you for your encouragement.

~rich light surround you today,

lightdancer

:wub:

Dear Jan,

It is good to see you here. My company left today, and tonight I am enjoying the Venus-Jupiter conjunction, so I'll be up at least until 01:45 to enjoy the show. :) I hope you can see it over there. It is a beautifully clear night out here in the country.

Dear LightDancer,

You are welcome, dear one. I think that with your words, you are shining more light into the shadow of the valley, and helping us to find a new level of peace.

So very pleased to learn that you are following your heart. I think that as we make this journey, we become more and more in tune with who we are, if we have had the courage to love from the depths of our hearts.

*<twinkles>* being tossed to each of you. :)

feralfae

I now return to this magnificent star show.

• 6 months later...
On June 29, 2015 at 11:56 AM, lightdancer said:

As I was driving to my riding lesson I was thinking about healing and felt something was coming to me but I couldn't explain it. Then, a dialogue began and it was as if I was watching two actors on the stage. It was between a character named Grief and one named Life.

The experience began with Grief dominating, and Life being dormant. As time went on Life opened up a little crack, but Grief said, "NO, there is no place for you. This is too tragic."

Life said in a quiet voice, "I think I feel myself breathing again."

Grief responded, "How could you, you've lost everything."

As time went on and healers appeared the dialogue got stronger. Lifesaid,
"I want to live and breathe."

Life became passionate, I want you to stop hurting"

Grief responded,"I will never stop hurting, the loss is too profound, you need to let me bleed."

And Life said,
"You need to let me live."

And so the conversation continued. Life believing that living would never be possible with Grief around and Grief afraid that Life would push away the need to honor the profound loss. Life wanted to breathe and dance, Grief wanted to collapse and cry.

Soon Life and Grief faced each other, they dropped the tug-o-war rope. Life said, "it is ok for you to cry and hurt for the rest of your life."
Grief said, "it is ok for you to live."
And so they moved closer to each other. Life knew it did not have to wait for Grief to go away in order to live. Grief knew that it was ok to hurt while Life was opening up. Grief and Life embraced and locked hands and existed side by side.

I can't sit and wait for grief to end in order to start living. Grief does not have to go away in the presence of abundant life and growth. When the two can exist side by side, and it is not one or the other, well, that is healing.

I love this  thank you so much !! I will read it over and over again   My son died 6 years ago and I was busy taking care of all my other kids ..  I am going on but am overcome with grief and this post is awesome   Thank You 

• Upvote 2

Rivka,

I am sorry you lost your son.  I hope you find comfort and encouragement for your healing heart here.

• 6 months later...