Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lost My 3 Year Old Son In A Tragic Accident Two Months Ago

You will, but never "over it", none of us do.

I know that I will never "get over it". I don't want to. But I just can't imagine how I will make it through this pain. It comes in waves. When in the wave, it is hard to see that there is life without your child. But by the Grace of God, and because your brain has a defense mechanism, you come out of the waves of deep despair, if only briefly at first. And it is during that time, that you realize you made it through another gutwrenching storm. And there will be many more. But you are one storm stronger.

One day at a time, try not to think about the future, try to stay in this moment if you can, it is enough.  In time the good memories will carry you, although right now I'm sure they just bring pain.  Everything seems to bring pain right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Ones, I've just happened upon yet another resource via the Open to Hope website ~ this one from a mom whose three-year-old was killed in an auto accident. Her message is an important one:

"Grief is isolating and a very lonely feeling. Surrounding yourself with supportive people who 'get it' is critical. It’s important, whether you get it through a grief center, family, friends, or any other avenue. Taylor encourages parents to move beyond their own grief. It takes a village to raise your child, and to raise your family while you’re grieving. Vocalize what you need people to do, because otherwise it’s a very lonely place to be."

Read more and watch a three-minute interview with bereaved mother Marcie Taylor here: The Drew Michael Taylor Foundation