Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Getting Married w/o Mom

hi, it's been a while since I have been on this site. My mom passed away from alcoholism on June 27, 2014. I will be getting married in 2 weeks.. my dad started seeing someone a few months back, which I am very happy he is doing this. I have met her once and she seems nice. He wants to being her to my wedding.. which will be held at our house. No one else will have met her prior to this.. my sister is feeling emotional about it (she lives in Seattle).. I am not certain how to handle it.. she wants him to be happy but fears it will feel weird seeing my dad with someone other than her mom. I respect both sides of it but am not certain how to handle it.. any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Is there any way you can arrange a get together with them prior to the wedding?  Maybe dinner out or something?  That way you're not hit with it on your wedding day.  Even breakfast together, anything to just meet.

Good luck with your wedding & marriage!  Wishing you a lifetime of happiness. So happy for your dad too, it can make such a difference to have found a companion to share in life with, friends or otherwise.